Emc9 Does Not Work W/ Vista64

Edusi

Question

i had emc9 installed on a XP machine if was working perfect, now i have bought a new one with vista x64 i tried to install emc9, i instal the update 9.1 for vista and it is not working. i have all kinds of problems , adding submenus, and then i can create a movie but at certain point when trying to preview the same i got a message saying : VIDEO WAVE 9 HAS STOPPED WORKING. Then emc9 shuts down does anybody knows how to fix it, please!!!

thanks!!

2 answers to this question

i had emc9 installed on a XP machine if was working perfect, now i have bought a new one with vista x64 i tried to install emc9, i instal the update 9.1 for vista and it is not working. i have all kinds of problems , adding submenus, and then i can create a movie but at certain point when trying to preview the same i got a message saying : VIDEO WAVE 9 HAS STOPPED WORKING. Then emc9 shuts down does anybody knows how to fix it, please!!!

thanks!!

About the best way is to go back to Windows XP or a non-64 bit version of Vista.

About the best way is to go back to Windows XP or a non-64 bit version of Vista.

That may sound a bit caviler but if you look around you will find that 64bit OS's are poorly supported, even my MS, and produce much trouble!

There are one or two that may have gotten Roxio to run but I don't think even they could get everything to work.

If you run 64bit, your troubles will never end. I light of that, gpb's advice is well founded.

Archived