now what

SaintIves

Question

Now I'm a bit miffed. I had difficulty with MyDVD and VideoWave not working properly so I checked my drivers and firmware - no problems there. I updated to 9.1 - no luck. So I did the clean install steps for vista checking them off one at a time as I went through and now I can't re-install because the frigging key is showing as invalid. I had just completed a very long project and was not able to burn it to disk or create an ISO (but I did save the project components to a flash drive).

Now what?? I can't even re-install the program to TRY to complete my video project...

2 answers to this question

Thank God for System Restore - to a point, that is. I rolled back my system to just before I un-installed EMC9 via the clean install method but now "the certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. please re-install it" keeps popping up and I still cant access the program.

I'm just about ready to say to hell with Roxio - I got enough trouble already.

Thank God for System Restore - to a point, that is. I rolled back my system to just before I un-installed EMC9 via the clean install method but now "the certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. please re-install it" keeps popping up and I still cant access the program.

I'm just about ready to say to hell with Roxio - I got enough trouble already.

There is a whole 'nother section just for the registering the program and then what to do if the certificate file is missing. Look in that section.

You can read this, especially using the Microsoft Uninstaller to remove the program. That installer will remove the bad certificate file.

Archived