• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Crossfade Types Constantly Revert If Time Is Changed?

kidpocono

Question

I've recently purchased Jam 6 and have encountered some difficulties in using it, when compared to an older version (2.6) which was relatively easy to use. I'd think that later versions should be even easier to use than older ones, but I may be wrong.

I'm especially frustrated by the way that the application appears to insist upon changing the type of a crossfade (ie. from a straightforward simple "splice" of 2 songs, as represented by the "X" type of fade, as shown in the furthermost left of the crossfade options, to one involving an automatic generic fade out of the first track and fade in of the following track) as soon as a change is made in the timing of the crossfade. This results in having to manually re-drag the handles of the fade "angles" every time the length of a crossfade is adjusted, for no apparent reason. There is no setting in the Preferences panel so as to permit a default type of crossfade, avoiding this needless activity.

Also, there does not appear to be a simple keyboard command which would permit a pause when listening to a crossfade (ie. using the space bar, as is the case when listening outside of the crossfade window).

Am I missing something here? I have no idea why an application would regress to a more difficult user face several versions after an earlier one.

Much thanks for any suggestions,

Paul

1 answer to this question

Archived