Audio

meadow

Question

I have Roxio Creator 9 and Windows XP in case you need to know this.

I have been attempting to add some audio tracks to some slide shows that I made. But I have been unsuccessful with seven of the many music tracks that I've used. These seven tracks, as well as all of the other tracks that I've used in slide shows, are MP3 and NOT protected. When I try previewing these seven tracks in "Add Audio" "Preview", the little progress marker moves, but there is no sound unless I do the following: manually move the marker slightly to the right of the left side of the progress bar and click "Play" or click "Play", let the marker move to right for a little ways, click, "Pause", move the marker back to the left (but not touching the left side of the bar), and click "Play". I've noticed that no matter what I do, if the marker starts at the left side of the bar, I will for sure not get any sound. Furthermore, if I add any of these seven tracks to a slide show and then preview the slide show with the music, the pictures go through as a slide show but there is no music. Also, I've played these same seven tracks on my computer and they play and sound great and the same with my MP3 player.

I'm sorry if the above description is confusing. I'm a novice at this stuff.

I'd appreciate some help with this problem.

Thank you.

Chris

3 answers to this question

Best bet is to convert the music to wav files and then add them to Video Wave. Video Wave likes wav files better. Add the music cuts to Sound Editor and then export them as wav files. There are some mp3 compressions that give this program problems.

Remember to clear the proxy files after you remove the mp3 files and add the wav files. (top menu, tools, options, clear proxy files). The proxy files are usually cleared when you close the project and then restart but this is a shortcut so you don't have to close and reopen.

Steve, thank you for your reply to my message. I haven't yet tried your advise. But when I do, I'll let you know how it works.

Chris

Steve, thank you for your reply to my message. I haven't yet tried your advise. But when I do, I'll let you know how it works.

Chris

I'm finally back to working on the slideshow project that I previously referred to. And, I hate to be a pest. But, I would appreciate your help by explaining to me how to convert mp3 files to wav files. Also, if I convert certain mp3 files to wav files, does this mean that I will lose the mp3 format of these files or will I have both? I want to be able to have the music as mp3 so that I can use them in other programs that will accept them. But I also want to be able to use the music in my slide shows.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

I have Roxio Creator 9 and Windows XP in case you need to know this.

I have been attempting to add some audio tracks to some slide shows that I made. But I have been unsuccessful with seven of the many music tracks that I've used. These seven tracks, as well as all of the other tracks that I've used in slide shows, are MP3 and NOT protected. When I try previewing these seven tracks in "Add Audio" "Preview", the little progress marker moves, but there is no sound unless I do the following: manually move the marker slightly to the right of the left side of the progress bar and click "Play" or click "Play", let the marker move to right for a little ways, click, "Pause", move the marker back to the left (but not touching the left side of the bar), and click "Play". I've noticed that no matter what I do, if the marker starts at the left side of the bar, I will for sure not get any sound. Furthermore, if I add any of these seven tracks to a slide show and then preview the slide show with the music, the pictures go through as a slide show but there is no music. Also, I've played these same seven tracks on my computer and they play and sound great and the same with my MP3 player.

I'm sorry if the above description is confusing. I'm a novice at this stuff.

I'd appreciate some help with this problem.

Thank you.

Chris

Best bet is to convert the music to wav files and then add them to Video Wave. Video Wave likes wav files better. Add the music cuts to Sound Editor and then export them as wav files. There are some mp3 compressions that give this program problems.

Remember to clear the proxy files after you remove the mp3 files and add the wav files. (top menu, tools, options, clear proxy files). The proxy files are usually cleared when you close the project and then restart but this is a shortcut so you don't have to close and reopen.

Archived