Is There Any Game In Emc 10?

duydaniel

Question

11 answers to this question

Worry about that e-bay boxed version of EMC 10. It may be an OEM version and therefore does not have all the functionality of the full version or it is a pirated version. Either one may be giving you the problems you are experiencing in your other posts.

You computer and especially the video set up is marginal. I would not expect you to have very good performance if you try to do anything else while doing any video rendering.

If you used WinonCD in the past, you must be one of those perennial students that never graduates. If you are not a student nor work in an academic setting, shame on you for buying the student programs.

If you are a bored student with nothing else to do, find somewhere else to play.

+ Intel Phenom Q @ 3 Ghz ---> void the warranty :(
??? Didn't know that Intel had a Phenom processor, too. Did you mean the Q6600 which is an option for the Inspiron 530? ;)

You computer and especially the video set up is marginal.
Not sure what you mean Steve. Quad core is fairly new technology and with 4GB RAM should be fine.

Checking Intel's website, they have the G35 express chipset. From Intel on thise chipset:

3D enhancements enable greater game compatibility with support for hardware vertex processing, and improved realism with support for Microsoft DirectX* 10, Shader Model 4.0, and OpenGL* 2.0. Intel® Graphics also support the highest levels of the Microsoft Windows Vista* Aero experience.

Sounds better than the older chipsets, but remains to be seen if this video chipset performs well with EMC 10 on Vista. The poster will have to let us know. :)

??? Didn't know that Intel had a Phenom processor, too.

Not sure what you mean Steve. Quad core is fairly new technology and with 4GB RAM should be fine.

Although most onboard video chispets don't fully support DirectX, I'm not familiar with the one he posted since he didn't mention a brand (nVidia or ATI).

I stand corrected about the hardware.

Since he posted "G35 VGA onboard 256MB shared". The shared part sort of told me that it was onboad chip. If so it would have been Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100. Got that from the Dell web site and the posted price.

The more I look at the Dell web and what the OP posted, they don't seem to match at that price.

This is a list of the standard CPU's for that 530. Of course, the Op could have gotten a special build but I don't thinks so at that price.

Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo E6420 (2.13GHz, 1066MHz FSB)

Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo E6320 (1.86GHz, 1066MHz FSB)

Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo E4400 (2.0GHz, 800Mhz FSB)

Intel® CoreTM 2 Duo E4300 (1.8GHz, 800MHz FSB)

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core 2160 (1.8GHz, 800MHz FSB)

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core 2140 (1.6GHz, 800MHz FSB)

Intel® Celeron® Processor 420 (1.6GHz, 800FSB)

Intel® G33 Express Chipset

Overclocking is nothing new. I was overclocking cryrix chips way back in the 80's. Then AMD then Intel and so on.......

Most cpu's have a built in tolerence anyway as they normally start out at a higher spec but put out at a lower reference to ensure running speeds are hit.

Some AMD chips start out as quad core, but end up as triple core so they don't waste the chip. (at least that's what I read)

The problem with overclocking is most people haven't a clue about the damage they can do with the wrong timings or voltage settings. In other words they lose more than they gain.

My memory defaults to a lower speed setting as standard in my bios, and has to be manually set. Loads of ram does this but does anybody actually notice?

My advice is leave well alone, the Q6600 G0 Stepping can run just about anything without overclocking. You'll also reduce the life of the chip (heat kills)

LOL... :lol:

I am a AMD fan, but I am running a Q6600.

So I put the name phenom there... if you don't like, I would remove it.

I ran the processor at stock cooler OC @ 3 Ghz, and the temp range from 30 when idle to max 60 when 100% full load.

I am 22 and still a student so please don't blame me on using student software :lol:

I am sorry but I know how to distinguish between genuine and high-class counterfeit software.

The EMC I bought from Ebay is exactly the one in store, it has box, printed manual and the DVD is a replicated "made in USA" (not the kind of DVD made by printer).

I think it sold cheap because its "paper slide cover" was worn out a bit at corner and the store want to get rid of it.

Also, I went to google for the serial number provided and found none.

If you have any method to check if the software I bought was legitimate, I would be happy to check it.

Thank you.

The external temp may be 60C - but the core will be running hotter - your CPU, your money :lol:

Yeah... thank for reminding me.

I read from Intel website that its highest temp allowable is 70 C.

By the way, I have no idea while people here accuse the use of integrated graphic card and multi-cores for low performance.

Actually, Intel has benchmark on the same PC using E6600 and Q6600.

They test SonyVegas for encoding video, Excel for calculation, Games... I see almost on all test, the Q6600 outperformed the E6600 from 190-200% faster.

People often overclock the Q6600 GO version to 3.6 Ghz. It is nothing usual and very tempting, the picture explains why :ninja:

92136496vm4.th.jpg

Where you also run into problems in overclocking is that, as you will be increasing the clock rate on the FSB, you are also overclocking everything else on that - RAM, Graphics - the heap, so a 'cool' temp on the CPU isn'[t going to stop the other components from disappearing in a puff of blue smoke as they get stressed

ON the geraphics issue - the software does use the Graphics susb-system to work on rendering - obviously, the lower end that is, the worse it does the job (and that Intel onboard graphics is almost as low end as they come)

Archived