MoreOf Me

How Can I Capture In 16:9

Question

I purchased the new Roxio Creator 10 and it still does not have the option for capturing in 16:9.... Nero has it...why not Roxio?

Am I missing an option somewhere? My video camera captures in 16:9 and I need to capture it the same way...does any one have the solution to capturing in 16:9, widescreen :glare: in Roxio? :glare:

11 answers to this question

It isn't needed for any capture as it is a function of the Project you select later on…

If your source is 16:9, select a 16:9 project in VideoWave.

MyDVD will take care of itself.

post-39730-1212834640.jpg

I purchased the new Roxio Creator 10 and it still does not have the option for capturing in 16:9.... Nero has it...why not Roxio?

Am I missing an option somewhere? My video camera captures in 16:9 and I need to capture it the same way...does any one have the solution to capturing in 16:9, widescreen :glare: in Roxio? :glare:

I capture 16:9 from my Sony all of the time, with EMC 10. I connect my video camera, to my computer, via firewire, turn on the camera, and the Roxio capture software pops up, and I capture as .avi to a folder I want it captured to.

No need to tell the software it is a 16:9 movie.

Edited by grandpabruce

There is no need to tell the software the video is 16:9. That info is included the video file when you capture. Are you using Media Capture 10? Are you capturing using firewire? Are you capturing DV AVI or do you have a hidef camcorder?

If you have a JVC hard drive model or some other brand of camcorder with a hard drive, there are KNOWN issues. These models do not follow industry standard when writing 16:9 MPEG files. Please read the pinned topic in the AV Capture/output Forum.

You haven't given us much information.

Edited by ggrussell

I capture 16:9 from my Sony all of the time, with EMC 10. I connect my video camera, to my computer, via firewire, turn on the camera, and the Roxio capture software pops up, and I capture as .avi to a folder I want it captured to.

No need to tell the software it is a 16:9 movie.

Thanks.... I will have to try that. I capture using a capture card using s-video and not firewire, so that may make a difference.

There is no need to tell the software the video is 16:9. That info is included the video file when you capture. Are you using Media Capture 10? Are you capturing using firewire? Are you capturing DV AVI or do you have a hidef camcorder?

If you have a JVC hard drive model or some other brand of camcorder with a hard drive, there are KNOWN issues. These models do not follow industry standard when writing 16:9 MPEG files. Please read the pinned topic in the AV Capture/output Forum.

You haven't given us much information.

I'm using a capture card , s-video input and when I capture it from my camera, its doesn't look right when I play it back. I haven't tried re-streching the media by using videowave at 16:9 n roxio...

I'm using a capture card , s-video input
Totally different.... that would be a function of the analog capture card and I haven't seen any that has a 16:9 capture option. What camcorder Brand/model do you have? If it is digital, you should be using firewire or some other method to transfer the video.

Totally different.... that would be a function of the analog capture card and I haven't seen any that has a 16:9 capture option. What camcorder Brand/model do you have? If it is digital, you should be using firewire or some other method to transfer the video.

Nero has the 16:9 capture option, but for some reason, when I updated my Windows version from Premium to Ultimate, Nero doesn't see my capture card. I can only capture using a capture card because even though my camera is Digital and records on small DVD's, it only has the s-video and analog outputs. Its a Sony Handyman RW DVD Model DCR-DVD92

I just tried capturing with Roxio again. While the camera was set to widescreen when I did the video, Roxio can only capture in 4:3 and even trying to use Videowave in 16:9, the picture remains in 4:3 and doesn't look right. And NO, I'm not buying a new camera... this sucks.

I tried all the updates for the drivers for my card as well as Nero...and still the same problem, it sees it, but fails to iniciate the card...or some error like that.

my camera is Digital and records on small DVD's,

What I did with this (Sony DCR-DVD505 Mini DVD or miniDVD 80 mm diameter) was put the disc in the DVD drive, select all, then copy and paste the contents to a folder on the HD. Or put the disc in the DVD drive, open Video Copy and Convert, click the down arrow on the destination side and choose DVD Video Folder, click save as, and choose a location on the hard drive. Open Videowave and add the contents of either folder. ;)

cd

Its a Sony Handyman RW DVD Model DCR-DVD92
As CD pointed, you have no need to use a capture card. Your video is on a miniDVD which any computer DVD player or DVD burner can read.

First, make sure the disc is FINALIZED in the camcorder.

Insert that disc into your computer's DVD player or burner

Run Roxio Media Import 10

Select the VIDEO Tab

In that drop-down list you should see the DVD player/Burner.

Select that and you should then see the video clips listed below that for importing.

If that doesn't work for you, one of his methods should also work. Videowave and myDVD can also use the files directly from the miniDVD. They will automatically cache the files to the hard drive before adding to a project.

Edited by ggrussell

What I did with this (Sony DCR-DVD505 Mini DVD or miniDVD 80 mm diameter) was put the disc in the DVD drive, select all, then copy and paste the contents to a folder on the HD. Or put the disc in the DVD drive, open Video Copy and Convert, click the down arrow on the destination side and choose DVD Video Folder, click save as, and choose a location on the hard drive. Open Videowave and add the contents of either folder. ;)

cd

That works....thanks.

As CD pointed, you have no need to use a capture card. Your video is on a miniDVD which any computer DVD player or DVD burner can read.

First, make sure the disc is FINALIZED in the camcorder.

Insert that disc into your computer's DVD player or burner

Run Roxio Media Import 10

Select the VIDEO Tab

In that drop-down list you should see the DVD player/Burner.

Select that and you should then see the video clips listed below that for importing.

If that doesn't work for you, one of his methods should also work. Videowave and myDVD can also use the files directly from the miniDVD. They will automatically cache the files to the hard drive before adding to a project.

One more quick question, why is it I can't get my picture to show...its under 150 X 150 pixels and under 100 kb.... what could I be doing wrong...I do the upload and its there, but yet to be seen on these pages..

You have to upload it to your web space, then link it in, my controls, board settings, edit avatar settings, Enter a URL to an online avatar image.

cd