• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 9.0.2 Crashes Continuously In Leopard 10.5.3

yudi_lks

Question

Hi,

My Mac is Macbook Pro 2.2 GHz, 3GB memory, sufficient HD space, 128 MB nVidia graphic card. After updated my Mac to Leopard 10.5.3, my Toast crashes very often... Sometimes it just become non responding by just being idle doing NOTING at all.. This is very irritating.. There is one time it became nonresponding while burning CD... The burning process still continues but the interface just hang..

And the worst case was happened just now... The while burning DVD, it just hung and brought all the system down (Kernel panic in Mac OS X, the first time ever!!!)

I believed this is because the incompatibility with 10.5.3.. Anyone can confirm this? Or please Roxio, fix this problem... I love your software, but I don't like the continuous hanging.. Sigh..

Regards,

yudi

5 answers to this question

Hi,

My Mac is Macbook Pro 2.2 GHz, 3GB memory, sufficient HD space, 128 MB nVidia graphic card. After updated my Mac to Leopard 10.5.3, my Toast crashes very often... Sometimes it just become non responding by just being idle doing NOTING at all.. This is very irritating.. There is one time it became nonresponding while burning CD... The burning process still continues but the interface just hang..

And the worst case was happened just now... The while burning DVD, it just hung and brought all the system down (Kernel panic in Mac OS X, the first time ever!!!)

I believed this is because the incompatibility with 10.5.3.. Anyone can confirm this? Or please Roxio, fix this problem... I love your software, but I don't like the continuous hanging.. Sigh..

Regards,

yudi

have you tried suggestion given by Roxio under heading "Toast does not launch or crashes" it fixed the problem I had (getting about 1/2 through and then crashing, finally it would go 2% and then crash. Fixed by applying 4./"trash the toast preference & Plist files: Delete the Roxio Toast Prefs & com.roxio.Toast.plist from /Library/Preferences/

I note that they are back again now I have opened "Toast" & copied another DvD (successfully) but it seems to work for about 4-5 DvD's.

Hope this helps

wallaroo

ppc Mac Mini, 1.5ghz, OSX10.5.3, toast 9.0.2 (261)

'

have you tried suggestion given by Roxio under heading "Toast does not launch or crashes" it fixed the problem I had (getting about 1/2 through and then crashing, finally it would go 2% and then crash. Fixed by applying 4./"trash the toast preference & Plist files: Delete the Roxio Toast Prefs & com.roxio.Toast.plist from /Library/Preferences/

I note that they are back again now I have opened "Toast" & copied another DvD (successfully) but it seems to work for about 4-5 DvD's.

Hope this helps

wallaroo

ppc Mac Mini, 1.5ghz, OSX10.5.3, toast 9.0.2 (261)

'

Thanks for your reply... I have deleted the com.roxio.Toast.plist from both ~/Library/Preferences/ and /Library/Preferences/ but could not find the Roxio Toast Prefs... Could you direct me to the original thread? Thanks..

Regards,

Yudi

Yea, me too!

Since the update to 10.5.3 Toast has become a "Crash-0-Matic".

For me, the crashes happen during the write to disc phase so that I get yet another Toaster® out of the process. :angry2:

When I save the file as a disc image it completes the multiplexing and writing to to target as a (.toast) disc image. When I write the (.toast) disc image to a DVD with Toast, it normally completes the write without crashing, but almost always fails the verification. I am unable to tell whether Toast's error messages are real or imagined so there is yet another Toaster® on the stack.

I believe that the constant crashes have affected my system. I wound up running Disk Warrior Multiple times to try to straighten things out and then ran Cocktail which was at an hour and twenty minutes when I lost track of it. I trashed both of the Toast permissions files. I reinstalled OS 10.5.3 from the Combo updater and ran Cocktail again.

I use Verbatim media and am not inclined to believe that it is this bad.

I am about out of ideas (again). The only thing I have not yet tried is to export the EyeTV file as a program stream and see if I am able to burn it in another burning application.

Yea, me too!

Since the update to 10.5.3 Toast has become a "Crash-0-Matic".

For me, the crashes happen during the write to disc phase so that I get yet another Toaster® out of the process. :angry2:

When I save the file as a disc image it completes the multiplexing and writing to to target as a (.toast) disc image. When I write the (.toast) disc image to a DVD with Toast, it normally completes the write without crashing, but almost always fails the verification. I am unable to tell whether Toast's error messages are real or imagined so there is yet another Toaster® on the stack.

I believe that the constant crashes have affected my system. I wound up running Disk Warrior Multiple times to try to straighten things out and then ran Cocktail which was at an hour and twenty minutes when I lost track of it. I trashed both of the Toast permissions files. I reinstalled OS 10.5.3 from the Combo updater and ran Cocktail again.

I use Verbatim media and am not inclined to believe that it is this bad.

I am about out of ideas (again). The only thing I have not yet tried is to export the EyeTV file as a program stream and see if I am able to burn it in another burning application.

Toast Version 9.0.4

Mac OS 10.5.5

I've been experiencing the same problem, but seem to have found a work-around...definitely not a solution.

By trashing the prefs files:

user/library/preferences/com.roxio.Toast.plist

user/library/preferences/Roxio Toast Prefs

And the Roxio Kernel Extension files:

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Roxio/TDIXController.kext

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Roxio/TDIXSupport (UNIX Exec File)

Relaunch Toast and seems to work. I've had to go through the process twice now, but it seems to clear up the trouble. Hope this ends up being applicable to others, not just me.

I'm less than impressed with this software. <_<

Archived