Converting .tivo Files For Ipod

jsvette56

Question

I have Toast 9 and have transferred my tivo files to my mac and now want to convert them to a format other than .TIVO. I tried to the SAVE IMAGE AS button but it converts the file to .TOAST. What the heck is .TOAST? I can play the .Tivo program on the mac using the TOAST player but it is real buggy and crashes and the fast forward and fast reverse buttons do not operate consistently. I would like to play the files using either iDVD or transfer them to my Ipod. The FAQ says there is and EXPORT button but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Try using the media browser in Toast. Choose the "Convert" icon in the top left corner of Toast and after selecting "Video files" click on the media browser button in the top right corner of Toast. Choose TiVo from the drop down menu at the top and you should be able to select the file that you want to import from there.

John I am having trouble figuring out how the export to ipod from toast works.

I see no convert icon in Toast 9.

I went into the preferences and set the Auto transfer to iPhone.

Does this only work with Auto Transfers? An not with Tivo files that have already been transfered.

Does this only work with Auto Transfers? An not with Tivo files that have already been transfered.

Well to answer my own question the Covert is the small iPhone icon next to the copy icon

look at this picture: http://www.roxio.com/images/screenshots/to...544_convert.jpg

You then click on the video files and select iPhone/ iPod Touch.

My question now does the Tivo transfer now once you set up a auto transfer convert the tivo file to the iPhone

video size for you automatically?

Which would be great as I could leave the computer running the nights I want the auto transfer to work and have the show ready to put on my iPhone in the morning.

Well to answer my own question the Covert is the small iPhone icon next to the copy icon

look at this picture: http://www.roxio.com/images/screenshots/to...544_convert.jpg

You then click on the video files and select iPhone/ iPod Touch.

My question now does the Tivo transfer now once you set up a auto transfer convert the tivo file to the iPhone

video size for you automatically?

Which would be great as I could leave the computer running the nights I want the auto transfer to work and have the show ready to put on my iPhone in the morning.

The last icon on the left pane is "Convert" and has icon for iPod/AppleTV. At the bottom for player setup, choose iPod. Drop your Tivo file either by dragging or via Media browser choosing Video File as a source. Clicking on red button should prompt you to "Convert" and have it saved to "Itunes" which will sync with your iPod/iphone etc.

BTW the video size for tivo size are limited to 480x360 res as allowed by Tivo.

Try using the media browser in Toast. Choose the "Convert" icon in the top left corner of Toast and after selecting "Video files" click on the media browser button in the top right corner of Toast. Choose TiVo from the drop down menu at the top and you should be able to select the file that you want to import from there.

I have Toast 9 and have transferred my tivo files to my mac and now want to convert them to a format other than .TIVO. I tried to the SAVE IMAGE AS button but it converts the file to .TOAST. What the heck is .TOAST? I can play the .Tivo program on the mac using the TOAST player but it is real buggy and crashes and the fast forward and fast reverse buttons do not operate consistently. I would like to play the files using either iDVD or transfer them to my Ipod. The FAQ says there is and EXPORT button but I can't find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

.TOAST is a disk image file (like .dmg).

You need to use the convert area of Toast 9 to convert the .tivo files to another format. It sounds like the FAQ might be referring to Toast 8 which did have the "export" button.

At the bottom of the Convert screen is the "gear" button that brings up the different formats including Video iPod and iPhone/iTouch

- Bob

.TOAST is a disk image file (like .dmg).

You need to use the convert area of Toast 9 to convert the .tivo files to another format. It sounds like the FAQ might be referring to Toast 8 which did have the "export" button.

At the bottom of the Convert screen is the "gear" button that brings up the different formats including Video iPod and iPhone/iTouch

- Bob

I see the gear after I click on TOAST IT(the only option in .tivo file window) and when I click on the gear the only option is for the DVD burner. There are no Ipod etc settings.

Archived