My Dvd 10 Premier

poemsmith

Question

I have purchased My DVD 10 premier. Worked fine for a few productions of mine. Now, all of a sudden, when I try to open MyDVD Express, I get this error: Runtime Error!

Program: ...iles\Roxio shared\10.0\SharedCom\RoxWizardLauncher10.exe

R6025

-pure virtual function call

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Also, I can open MyDVD component, but that program will not let me change menu styles, buttons, etc. Can anyone help?

15 answers to this question

Roxio has a New Marketing Plan about every other day… There was both a MyDVD 10 Premier as well as a MyDVD 9 Premier for sale a few months ago then 9 was removed.

Today it is called MyDVD 10. You have to wonder how much these people spend on ink in a year???

Anyway, all of this smokescreen is distracting from the fix, Clean Install. Here

I'm having the same issue as you except with Easy Media Creator 10. Clean Install doesn't resolve, updating drivers doesn't resolve.This is new software I purchased. As I was using Sonic Record NOw all along and then I got an error that the application has requested the runtime terminate in an unusual way. I couldn't resolve that issue so I went out and purchased EMC 10 and now I've got the same R6025 Runtime error. I'm making the graduation video for my daughter's elementary school and need to burn 90 of these DVD's so I'm desperate for an answer if you have one.

I'm having the same issue as you except with Easy Media Creator 10. Clean Install doesn't resolve, updating drivers doesn't resolve.This is new software I purchased. As I was using Sonic Record NOw all along and then I got an error that the application has requested the runtime terminate in an unusual way. I couldn't resolve that issue so I went out and purchased EMC 10 and now I've got the same R6025 Runtime error. I'm making the graduation video for my daughter's elementary school and need to burn 90 of these DVD's so I'm desperate for an answer if you have one.

You could try what is in this thread:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=34830

Let's back up a minute.

Precisely what disc have you purchased? Easy Media Creator Suite 10 or just My DVD 10? Or some other Roxio product? Here are various DVD burning packages Roxio sells.

Thanks for clearing it up for people. As I said, I have purchased MyDVD® 10 (also called MyDVD 10 premier). It is NOT easy media creator.

Thanks for clearing it up for people. As I said, I have purchased MyDVD® 10 (also called MyDVD 10 premier). It is NOT easy media creator.

Roxio has a New Marketing Plan about every other day… There was both a MyDVD 10 Premier as well as a MyDVD 9 Premier for sale a few months ago then 9 was removed.

Today it is called MyDVD 10. You have to wonder how much these people spend on ink in a year???

Anyway, all of this smokescreen is distracting from the fix, Clean Install. Here

I have purchased My DVD 10 premier. Worked fine for a few productions of mine. Now, all of a sudden, when I try to open MyDVD Express, I get this error: Runtime Error!

Program: ...iles\Roxio shared\10.0\SharedCom\RoxWizardLauncher10.exe

R6025

-pure virtual function call

this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Also, I can open MyDVD component, but that program will not let me change menu styles, buttons, etc. Can anyone help?

I'm 0 for 3 in getting a runtime error to go away w/o a clean install, though you can always try the repair option first. Are you xp or Vista?

I'm 0 for 3 in getting a runtime error to go away w/o a clean install, though you can always try the repair option first. Are you xp or Vista?

without a clean install? of windows or of MyDVD 10 premier? I have removed that program and then reinstalled it. but nothing happens. Do you mean i should reinstall windows? i have windows xp media center 2005.

i think i installed microsoft PictureIt! about the same time. maybe i'll try uninstalling that program. what do you think about a system restore?

without a clean install? of windows or of MyDVD 10 premier? I have removed that program and then reinstalled it. but nothing happens. Do you mean i should reinstall windows? i have windows xp media center 2005.

i think i installed microsoft PictureIt! about the same time. maybe i'll try uninstalling that program. what do you think about a system restore?

I meant of Roxio EMC 10, I apologize I didn't notice you were referring only to MY DVD premier.

Was MY DVD premier a download purchase, installed via a disc or pre-installed.?

You wonder how much they make by repackaging it and selling it again! :(

Nasty sales tricks and intentionally confusing.

How long ago was purchase? W/ the suite you get a 30 day return policy if bought from Roxio. And let me ask a silly question. Is there a MyDVD (not Express) in your program and, if so, the same problem occurs when you open it?

a few months old now. started this nonsense after a couple of my "productions" and about a month and a half of use. the problem with MyDvd component was not the same. it actually opened, however, i could not access any of the "DVD Menu" options. i say "was" :) -- i wrote to roxio direct, and they have had me try a few things. over and over and over again. from changing some settings to remove and clean install. over and over. the same blasted steps. repeatedly. lol get my drift? anyway, i got fed up and decide to do the unthinkable: REINSTALL WINDOWS. i was afraid to remove all, so what i actually did was put in my operating system cd that came with the pc, and just reinstalled over the present. it did not remove any of my own files and documents and pictures, etc. however, i did have to update my graphics driver agian and some other programs, etc. BUT, after a removal of MyDVD and then a reinstall of that program after all this, VOILA!! it's perfect. so, try doing that. i'm a happy camper. for now. until the next thing goes wrong :)

hey joanne :) hope you saw my answer above about my reinstalling windows xp. i know how you feel. i seem to have "found my niche" here, with my memory videos. my family absolutely loves them, and they are a great "legacy" for kids, grandkids. it is soooo important to me to do this. hope you have luck.

Peomsmith - if it isn't too late already, please edit your popst and remove the e-mail.

You can send a personal message by clicking on a user's anme and there is an option for that - adding it to a public post is never a good idea as (among others) google and ask jeeves are semi-permanent residents here and you are far more likely to end up on a spammer's list

hi jim,

:( thanks for your help. i also wrote roxio direct with this, and they have answered with the same clean install page. i have tried EVERY blasted step on that page, including the regedit and removing roxio/sonic completely from my machine. nothing. everything still the same. i'm going nuts. in their email though, there were a couple other things after like finding out what direct x / graphic stuff needs updating and how to find that out. so, that's all i have left to do. i'm not very optimistic here. i hesitated before buying this piece o' crap from roxio, but it seemed like a good program. lol and i want to do these films so badly for my family. anyway, i'll try the updating thing. but after that, i'm afraid i just don't know what to do. i've a lot of work and sweat and love in these projects of mine and i'm just furious with roxio -- or is it sonic -- dear lord, who even knows. what a racket.

You wonder how much they make by repackaging it and selling it again! :(

Nasty sales tricks and intentionally confusing.

honestly brandon, what a cheap trick. i'm fit to be tied. idiots.

hi jim,

:( thanks for your help. i also wrote roxio direct with this, and they have answered with the same clean install page. i have tried EVERY blasted step on that page, including the regedit and removing roxio/sonic completely from my machine. nothing. everything still the same. i'm going nuts. in their email though, there were a couple other things after like finding out what direct x / graphic stuff needs updating and how to find that out. so, that's all i have left to do. i'm not very optimistic here. i hesitated before buying this piece o' crap from roxio, but it seemed like a good program. lol and i want to do these films so badly for my family. anyway, i'll try the updating thing. but after that, i'm afraid i just don't know what to do. i've a lot of work and sweat and love in these projects of mine and i'm just furious with roxio -- or is it sonic -- dear lord, who even knows. what a racket.

honestly brandon, what a cheap trick. i'm fit to be tied. idiots.

How long ago was purchase? W/ the suite you get a 30 day return policy if bought from Roxio. And let me ask a silly question. Is there a MyDVD (not Express) in your program and, if so, the same problem occurs when you open it?

I meant of Roxio EMC 10, I apologize I didn't notice you were referring only to MY DVD premier.

Was MY DVD premier a download purchase, installed via a disc or pre-installed.?

I think that's the same thing, isn't it? I purchased from the Roxio site. I can't use anything in the program that involves MyDvD. Cannot get menus, change buttons, nothing.

I have exactly the same problem, but have not installed any new software since. Initally was unable to download so had to puchased the disc. I have been into msconfig services and only ROXMEDIADB10 is running all other services are stopped.

Ed

I couldn't download it either. And also had to purchase the disc. I'm really upset about this, as this is my major hobby. it's what i do for my family. I have some events coming up and i'm right in the middle of trying to put together a movie. I just don't get it. what a waste of money.

I think that's the same thing, isn't it? I purchased from the Roxio site. I can't use anything in the program that involves MyDvD. Cannot get menus, change buttons, nothing.

I couldn't download it either. And also had to purchase the disc. I'm really upset about this, as this is my major hobby. it's what i do for my family. I have some events coming up and i'm right in the middle of trying to put together a movie. I just don't get it. what a waste of money.

Let's back up a minute.

Precisely what disc have you purchased? Easy Media Creator Suite 10 or just My DVD 10? Or some other Roxio product? Here are various DVD burning packages Roxio sells.

Archived