• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Media Creator 10 - Roxmedia Module Db10 Problem

whitewater

Question

Hope you can help me. I have an hp desktop (XP) and an hp laptop (Vista) I've not had a problem using Easy Media Creator Suite 10 on the XP O/S, but I do using Vista and the East Media box says it's compatible???? When I try to "capture video", the drop down menu does not acknowledge the JVC. It's hooked up (USB), the power supply is plugged in and the camcorder is turned on. I hear the computer "ding" that the camcorder is acknowledged, but as I said it is not displayed as an option of where to capture the video from. An apology pops up saying that ROXMEDIA Module DB10 is having a problem. That makes 2 of us. I've checked the website and they don't know what to tell me either. If I only know what a DB10 module was I might be albe to fix the problem. By any chance is the O/S asking me to use an ethernet 1394b firewire cable to capture using this software? The capture works fine using Pinnacle 11 Ultimate on both computers.

1 answer to this question

Hope you can help me. I have an hp desktop (XP) and an hp laptop (Vista) I've not had a problem using Easy Media Creator Suite 10 on the XP O/S, but I do using Vista and the East Media box says it's compatible???? When I try to "capture video", the drop down menu does not acknowledge the JVC. It's hooked up (USB), the power supply is plugged in and the camcorder is turned on. I hear the computer "ding" that the camcorder is acknowledged, but as I said it is not displayed as an option of where to capture the video from. An apology pops up saying that ROXMEDIA Module DB10 is having a problem. That makes 2 of us. I've checked the website and they don't know what to tell me either. If I only know what a DB10 module was I might be albe to fix the problem. By any chance is the O/S asking me to use an ethernet 1394b firewire cable to capture using this software? The capture works fine using Pinnacle 11 Ultimate on both computers.

Does your JVC camcorder use miniDV tape, miniDVD's, or is it a hard drive video camera?

If it is miniDV tape, then you have to connect via firewire to capture the video.

If it is minDVD, then you finalize the disk, then copy the files to the computer, and no capture is needed to use the files with VideoWave or MyDVD.

If it is hard drive, then you connect via USB and use Explorer/My Computer to copy the files to a folder on your hard drive. No capture needed.

Archived