Dvd Slideshow Issue

korg264

Question

I have burned a dvd slideshow of my grandpa's slides. I've added audio along with the slideshow. The burning process seems to go smoothly. I set it up with a main menu, submenus and slideshows as there were many themes and years of slides. When I play a slideshow on the dvd, it will not start at the beginning. It always starts anywhere from 3-5 slides into the slideshow. The same with the audio; the music doesn't start at the beginning, it starts whatever the first slide is so however many seconds into the song will depend on what slide comes up first. I'm assuming this is some sort of formatting issue, but not sure where to begin. Any ideas/suggestions? I am upgrading my memory and video card as my computer is older. I believe the burn speed is at the max. Maybe try slowing it down a little? I would appreciate any suggestions you can give.

Thank you

6 answers to this question

Did you use Slideshow Assistant or VideoWave to create the slide show? If you didn't use VideoWave, do so, as the Slideshow Assistant has been a problem for many people. You still use MyDVD for setting up the menus and burning.

If you do decide to use VideoWave, you have to start from scratch.

Thanks for your info. I'm a little bummed to hear that, but I guess I don't have any other option.

Thanks again!

You are welcome. Try it, and let us know how it goes for you.

I tried making a slideshow using videowave and burned and it worked just as it should. Now I only have 19 more to make for the family dvd!

Thanks again-

I tried making a slideshow using videowave and burned and it worked just as it should. Now I only have 19 more to make for the family dvd!

Thanks again-

You are welcome, and I am glad that it worked. The time that it takes to do those productions will seem insignificant, when the results are enjoyed by all family members.

Thanks again-

Just remember that you can put only about one hour of video on a single sided DVD; a little less than 2 hrs on a DL DVD.

Please also remember to account for the TV safe zone with those images.

I have burned a dvd slideshow of my grandpa's slides. I've added audio along with the slideshow. The burning process seems to go smoothly. I set it up with a main menu, submenus and slideshows as there were many themes and years of slides. When I play a slideshow on the dvd, it will not start at the beginning. It always starts anywhere from 3-5 slides into the slideshow. The same with the audio; the music doesn't start at the beginning, it starts whatever the first slide is so however many seconds into the song will depend on what slide comes up first. I'm assuming this is some sort of formatting issue, but not sure where to begin. Any ideas/suggestions? I am upgrading my memory and video card as my computer is older. I believe the burn speed is at the max. Maybe try slowing it down a little? I would appreciate any suggestions you can give.

Thank you

Did you use Slideshow Assistant or VideoWave to create the slide show? If you didn't use VideoWave, do so, as the Slideshow Assistant has been a problem for many people. You still use MyDVD for setting up the menus and burning.

If you do decide to use VideoWave, you have to start from scratch.

Archived