• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast Video Player Instructions?

Bridgeman

Question

I find the Toast Documentation to be very thin. :blink:

I've looked in vain for actual "instructions" for using Toast Video Player (for editing a TiVo video, pre-burning) and the closest thing I've found it an article in the Knowledgebase ID Number: 000063T It loosely describes placing and dragging markers for the IN and OUT points, but when I tried that I ended up with a video of only the stuff I wanted to delete!

And worse yet, Step 7 says, "Click DONE." Where IS that "DONE" button? I don't see anything on screen or in any pull-down menu.

Any thoughts? I'd sure love a good old-fashioned manual with real honest-to-goodness instructions. (The way it is, if there's any aspect of their process you don't understand, there isn't any ancillary reading you can do to figure it out!)

Bridgeman

3 answers to this question

No instructions and the one you found is wrong. You figured how to create the markers. It is set up so that you mark what you want to keep. If instead you want to mark the parts to delete, set the markers and choose Invert markers from the pop-up button on the right. Now just click the close button on the player window and you'll be asked if you want to save those changes. Click Save. The Toast video window will now show the time of your video as being the edited portion. If you have it backward you can click the edit button again and re-enter the player where you'll see the source video for re-editing.

I find the Toast Documentation to be very thin. :blink:

I've looked in vain for actual "instructions" for using Toast Video Player (for editing a TiVo video, pre-burning) and the closest thing I've found it an article in the Knowledgebase ID Number: 000063T It loosely describes placing and dragging markers for the IN and OUT points, but when I tried that I ended up with a video of only the stuff I wanted to delete!

And worse yet, Step 7 says, "Click DONE." Where IS that "DONE" button? I don't see anything on screen or in any pull-down menu.

Any thoughts? I'd sure love a good old-fashioned manual with real honest-to-goodness instructions. (The way it is, if there's any aspect of their process you don't understand, there isn't any ancillary reading you can do to figure it out!)

Bridgeman

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll get the article updated to reflect the necessary changes.

No instructions and the one you found is wrong. You figured how to create the markers. It is set up so that you mark what you want to keep. If instead you want to mark the parts to delete, set the markers and choose Invert markers from the pop-up button on the right. Now just click the close button on the player window and you'll be asked if you want to save those changes. Click Save. The Toast video window will now show the time of your video as being the edited portion. If you have it backward you can click the edit button again and re-enter the player where you'll see the source video for re-editing.

Great tip. (Inverting the markers.) It doesn't make any more sense, now, but it WORKS! (Sheesh!)

Thanks for reading and helping. And from the looks of the message that follows yours, maybe they will post some more relevant notes.

Bridgeman

Archived