• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Silence Between Audio Tracks Messed Up

bartrose

Question

Ok so after more testing I've found that Jam and Toast are not cutting off any of the audio on my audio CD's, but it is actually burning the space between songs wrong. I've chosen between 0 second and 2 seconds gap. With the 2 seconds gap, the countdown between tracks goes from 00:00 to 99:59 before hitting the start of the song. So on some players it mutes the start of the audio track. But when the audio is ripped into my PC and looked at closely the audio is not actually cut off. So my question is, am I burning at the wrong frame rate? Toast and Jam both default to 75 frames per second, but I have not tried any of the others yet. Should I be using a 100 frames per second frame rate instead?

6 answers to this question

Search the Jam help for Pause Mode. I think that will help you. Also, are you doing a crossfade on the track? If so search the Jam help for Track Splice.

Finally, what burner are you using?

I've tried various spacing between the tracks, from zero seconds up to 2 seconds. There is still the screwing coundown information (00:00, then 99:59) regardless. The burner is an optical DVD/CD burner that came with the mac. I cannot find any usable posts about this drive on the internet. It's labeled as this in any software on my Mac that can see it: HI-DT-ST-DVD-RW-GWA-4165B I have seached the internet for a website, discussion forums, etc. and have found very little. I was hoping to find some firmware but no luck. I think I'll go to Comp USA and get a firewire external burner and see if things get fixed that way. Any additional comments will be appreciated. thanks. BART ROSE

Search the Jam help for Pause Mode. I think that will help you. Also, are you doing a crossfade on the track? If so search the Jam help for Track Splice.

Finally, what burner are you using?

Purchased and installed a second drive for the system.. a Lacie.. and all is well now. Thanks to all who replied to my thread. Bart

I'm sorry but I'm not an audio engineer and probably shouldn't be commenting in reply. But I'm wondering why you don't just add a small amount of silence to your track that you plan to be first on the CD. That way this problem wouldn't be audible.

I think you should stay with 75 frames per second.

There also is an excellent site for Mac audio folks at http://www.bigbluelounge.com where you might find some knowledgeable help.

I'm sorry but I'm not an audio engineer and probably shouldn't be commenting in reply. But I'm wondering why you don't just add a small amount of silence to your track that you plan to be first on the CD. That way this problem wouldn't be audible.

I think you should stay with 75 frames per second.

There also is an excellent site for Mac audio folks at http://www.bigbluelounge.com where you might find some knowledgeable help.

Any audio engineers out there who can answer this question? I need the software to work the way it's supposed to. I get paid to make CD's the way people ask me to. thanks for your input.. Bart

I have been thinking about this for a while. I suspect one of 2 things

1) Jam allows you to put a 0 second gap at the beginning of the CD, that is technically out of spec, but some people want to do it. Make sure the first track has a 2 second pause set for it.

2) Other then that, it has to be the drives firmware.

I really dont suspect the software because I actually know professional producers that use jam to author their audio content.

Archived