Disc Write Failure - Adding Assets To Db...

Artmos

Question

Hi!

I updated my DVDit Pro HD 6.3 to 6.4 version and now, on the same project I used before a lot of times, with subtitles and MPEG-2 HD video, when I "burn" the BDMV disc, the messege "Disc Write Failure - Adding Assets to DB..." don't let me burn a BD-RE disc and don't let me create a IMAGE, to burn after it.

I have defragmented the internal HDD, used external brand new HDD via USB and this messege apears all the time. Restarted, shutted down and torned on again after 30 secounds and nothing. It stop, stop, stop with this messege.

What can I do to solve it? It worked perfectly on the 6.3 version...

Peter

8 answers to this question

Hello Scott and all the other BD-Guys,

i've got the same (or a similar) problem: i made some MPEG-2 Elementaries with ProCoder 2 (newest Update) to check, what kind of MPEG-Streams DVDit Pro HD will accept. I found a setting (videosettings as in the topic "Legal MPEG-2 streams that pass through DVDit Pro HD"), encoded a small part of my 55 min QT and burned a first BD-RE - without any problems. Then i took the whole 55 min. file with EXACTLY the same settings, and during the "Writing Volume" (Burn -> Wirte Volume) progress the following error message occurs: "The disc burning process was interrupted, either because of an error or because it was cancelled. To avoid... and so on"

The same with or without audio in the project, AC-3 or PCM.

The Project is really urgent (is that something new?)...

Thanks in advance!

Manuel

Hello Scott and all the other BD-Guys,

i've got the same (or a similar) problem: i made some MPEG-2 Elementaries with ProCoder 2 (newest Update) to check, what kind of MPEG-Streams DVDit Pro HD will accept. I found a setting (videosettings as in the topic "Legal MPEG-2 streams that pass through DVDit Pro HD"), encoded a small part of my 55 min QT and burned a first BD-RE - without any problems. Then i took the whole 55 min. file with EXACTLY the same settings, and during the "Writing Volume" (Burn -> Wirte Volume) progress the following error message occurs: "The disc burning process was interrupted, either because of an error or because it was cancelled. To avoid... and so on"

The same with or without audio in the project, AC-3 or PCM.

The Project is really urgent (is that something new?)...

Thanks in advance!

Manuel

Check for fragmentation of your 55 min QT file on the hard drive. That is one thing that may cause this error message (in my experience).

Hello,

I've been having the same problem (using 6.3 and 6.4) and after tons of fooling around, the problem went away once I set a language for the audio track (instead of unspecified). How stupidly simple. :rolleyes:

I imagine that won't fix your problem since it seems video-based, but hopefully this will help others.

Good luck!

honestly, I don't know what this issue is. sometimes it crops up but then when you go to debug it its not there. I recently did around 50 volume burns of the same project. I found in the first 30 that I saw the issue 3 times. I saw in the next 20 that I did not see the issue at all. It's very hard to debug. here are some things to try:

1) move the MPEG to another drive and try again

2) assuming this is a dual core machine -> with DVDit Pro HD open, do a CTRL > Alt > Del and open the Task Manager. Under the processes tab, find the DVDit Pro HD executable, right click on it and shut down all but one of the CPUs for the app.

3) in the same right click menu in the Task Manager, elevate the priority of DVDit Pro HD processing

4) shut down hyperthreading and try again - I don't know how to do this. I think it is in the Bios and it may not be a pretty process...and it will effect things globally...so do this one last.

Sorry for the hassle on this.

Dear Scott,

i've tried every step below except (4). Nothing helped. This ist very annoying, because the quality of the encoded MPEG-2 out of DVDit isn't that good compared to ProCoder or Squeeze. I've tried several different MPEG-Streams with different content and settings. Some of them are written to a volume when just taking the first 3 min, but then taking the whole encoded file (with exactly the same settings as the short one) the volume writing fails. Is there any patch or update? What is about the update to 6.4? I haven't found it on the page.

Thank you very much for your help.

Manuel

honestly, I don't know what this issue is. sometimes it crops up but then when you go to debug it its not there. I recently did around 50 volume burns of the same project. I found in the first 30 that I saw the issue 3 times. I saw in the next 20 that I did not see the issue at all. It's very hard to debug. here are some things to try:

1) move the MPEG to another drive and try again

2) assuming this is a dual core machine -> with DVDit Pro HD open, do a CTRL > Alt > Del and open the Task Manager. Under the processes tab, find the DVDit Pro HD executable, right click on it and shut down all but one of the CPUs for the app.

3) in the same right click menu in the Task Manager, elevate the priority of DVDit Pro HD processing

4) shut down hyperthreading and try again - I don't know how to do this. I think it is in the Bios and it may not be a pretty process...and it will effect things globally...so do this one last.

Sorry for the hassle on this.

Artmos, there is nothing changed in the Write Volume logic. if that one fails, then there is an asset in your project that the app is choking on. eliminating that asset should make the burn successful. anything change in your computer setup at all?

I had the same problems with both versions 6.3 and now 6.4. Usually I observe the progress by opening the Windows Explorer and look at the generated transcode files. The mentioned failure occurred when "assets are added to DB". When I closed the Windows Explorer and had only DVDit Pro HD running, the error did not show up. So it may be a timing problem, if the Explorer is up and running, as it is continuously updated, which may be time consuming and cause DVDit to fail.

Baased on this experience, I leave DVDit running without any other app active, and until now I had no problem with the named failure.

Joachim

Archived