• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No "generate Chapter Menu" Or "update Chapter Menu"

OldTandemGuy

Question

I am using MyDVD 10. I used videowave to create a production, including markers, and sent the production to MyDVD. In timeline mode, I converted my markers to chapter markers. My main menu shows my "production." There were no chapters. I did a right click on the title and selected "edit chapters". My chapter markers showed up in the panel on the right side. However, there is no checkbox for either "generate chapter menus" or "update chapter menus". How can I get my chapters on a sub menu? Should a submenu have been created automatically? Should I create a sub menu and somehow "link" to my chapters? If so, how? Based on the posts I have read, without the "generate" or "update" options on the edit chapters dialog I don't see a way to do this.

6 answers to this question

I think this thread answers your question and it includes pics.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=37854

No, it doesn't, unfortunately. The root of the problem is that I don't have the "generate chapter menus and link to the selected button" option on the edit chapters dialog. I don't see how I can have a button selected because when I am in "Project View" / Movies, there are no buttons. When I do a right-click on "production" (the only item in the Movies list), and select "Edit Chapters" it goes to the dialog box, but no option to generate or update shows up at the bottom--everything else looks exactly the the pictures in the post you referenced. I am sure that I am missing something fundamental, but I sure can't see it.

No, it doesn't, unfortunately. The root of the problem is that I don't have the "generate chapter menus and link to the selected button" option on the edit chapters dialog. I don't see how I can have a button selected because when I am in "Project View" / Movies, there are no buttons. When I do a right-click on "production" (the only item in the Movies list), and select "Edit Chapters" it goes to the dialog box, but no option to generate or update shows up at the bottom--everything else looks exactly the the pictures in the post you referenced. I am sure that I am missing something fundamental, but I sure can't see it.

A few questions.

What if you hit the green arrow to start previewing the production does it start moving? If so, are you able to "add chapter here" to your production?

Also, w/ respect to your earlier comment "no option to generate or update shows up at the bottom", do you mean that the words "update chapter menus" and its check box are not visible?

:rolleyes:

OK, I feel pretty silly. I went to the Menu view in "Project View", right clicked on the icon that represented my production, selected "Edit Chapters" and the "update Chapter Menu" was visible. Clicking it produced a sum menu with the chapters I had created. Making that one "extra" step--being in Project View / Menus--explicit in the help documentation would have made this easier.

Thanks

A few questions.

What if you hit the green arrow to start previewing the production does it start moving? If so, are you able to "add chapter here" to your production?

Also, w/ respect to your earlier comment "no option to generate or update shows up at the bottom", do you mean that the words "update chapter menus" and its check box are not visible?

Yes, previewing the production works. I didn't try "Add chapter here" because I wasn't aware of it. I used only the "add markers" in videowave, sent the result to MyDVD, used the timeline to convert the markers to chapter markers, and then did a right click on the production while in the "Movies" tab of the "Project View". then I selected "Edit Chapters". I tried setting chapter markers at a fixed interval. That added chapters to the panel on the right side of the Edit Chapters dialog.

But in no case did I ever see the "update chapter menus" checkbox. [see a later reply where I discovered that the right way to get to the Edit Chapters activity was to right click on my production from the "Menus" tab of Project View. That fixed everything.]

Archived