Tweaking Photos In Videowave

Willard M

Question

I am using EMC 9 for my movies. I have learned that when using the photo editing tools in My DVD and Video Wave that Roxio save a copy of each picture edited by the program in addition to the original on the original folder. These pics are not deleted when the movie is finished. I found that I had about 700mb of pictures in the folder shown from movies that I had made, burned and removed. These are pictures where I used the red eye correction tool or any of the other tools in the program.

These are apparently in addition to the proxy files that remain on one's computer after the movie is finished and removed.

It would appear that it would be much better to use one's graphic program to tweak the pictures prior to inserting them into the movie than to use the Roxio editing tools unless one can remember to go to the folder and delete them occasionally. The value of these pictures seem to be useful only if one wants to keep the movie on one's computer to review at a later time.

The file path to these images on my machine is:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Roxio\VideoWave9\Images

Is there something I don't understand about this?

Willard M

1 answer to this question

Your understanding is perfect, near as I can tell. The editing portion of VideoWave is doing exactly what it was designed to do.

I NEVER use VideoWave to edit my photos. I use different photo editors, depending on what I am doing to the pictures. I then use those pictues in VideoWave, and if I want to keep the originals, I save them to an external hard drive and a DVD.

Archived