• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 9 Wont Register And Unlock (dell Pre-installed Version)

TheDoc65

Question

I keep getting this error even though I am fully connected to the internet

"An Internet connection is recommended to activate features within this product. We did not detect an available Internet connection at this time.

If you would like to try again, please check your Internet connection and then click Try Again

If you would like to try again later when an Internet connection is available, click Connect Later"

when I click connect later, it just sits there....

Any ideas

9 answers to this question

Well, thanks all. I was pretty pissed at Roxio, Still am I guess. Their tech support was useless, and they are rude. But the good news is, I FIXED it! No gaurantee it would work for everybody, but I figured I would share what I did.

Turning point for me was when I opened up task manager and monitored the sessions while I was trying to do the install. Found that the install would open up several sessions, and one would always die. By ending the dead session, the install would continue, and it finally reinstalled correctly.

Well, thanks all. I was pretty pissed at Roxio, Still am I guess. Their tech support was useless, and they are rude. But the good news is, I FIXED it! No gaurantee it would work for everybody, but I figured I would share what I did.

Turning point for me was when I opened up task manager and monitored the sessions while I was trying to do the install. Found that the install would open up several sessions, and one would always die. By ending the dead session, the install would continue, and it finally reinstalled correctly.

You didn't pay a damned thing for your software, dude. Why be pissed at Roxio for a product that Dell requested be made to phone home? Be pissed at the right outfit.....Dell!

I am glad that you got it fixed, though. ;)

The ole' Vendor shuffle.... Been back and forth with Dell and Roxio. It irks me that according to you and dell, my only options are to reinstall the OS (which everyone tries to make seem a trivial thing) or buy an upgrade to a product that already isn't working because I was foolish enough to get it from a third party... Nice.

Nothing to do with me - I don't work for Roxio (in fact I ain't even on the same continent)

You were supplied by Dell with a cut-down program - this came bundled with your computer.

In their wisdom, they had it modified so that, like ET, it wants to phone hiome. This is a Dell modification and, despite what they say, you will have to deal with them over it. It is NOT part of the retail version (and I don't think it's even a part of other OEM versions either)

The ole' Vendor shuffle.... Been back and forth with Dell and Roxio. It irks me that according to you and dell, my only options are to reinstall the OS (which everyone tries to make seem a trivial thing) or buy an upgrade to a product that already isn't working because I was foolish enough to get it from a third party... Nice.

The folks here are just users of the software, like you. Reinstalling your OS won't do squat. Take a look at some other posts in the forums. It is something Dell wanted put into the software, and there is nothing you can do to change it, outside of installing a different version.

Archived