• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mpeg Editing And 16:9 Video

mtrapp0

Question

Hi :

I was looking at the trial version of EMC 10. I wanted to try this because I was told it can edit MPEGS without having to rerender everything (but the changed video/transitions etc....) Does anyone have any expereicen with this? When I played the resultng DVD in my dvd player it was clear the MPEG was re-rendered?

My camera is a panaosonic that records to a min dvd.

Also, I record in 16:9 format but cannot get EMC to prodice a 16:9 dvd.

I have read EMC has problems with this camera and that camers,

but can all the cameras really have a 16:9 file problem or is there something with the software?

5 answers to this question

Hi:

I am trying to make a 16:9 SD.

I have a panasonic DVR-D300

Your right, I tried the MyDVD 9 trial version, could not create the 16:9 video.

Since then purchased EMC Creator 10, still cant create 16:9

I am not using Firewire, just USB from the camera, or copying hte *.VRO/*.VOB file to my hard drive, renaming

as a MPEG, and loading files into MyDVD 10

I could tell the MPG was re-rendered because it tool a long time to put it on the DVD.

Also I can see artifacts when playing the newly created video that are not on the original disk.

I burn only to empty DVD, and my movies gernally only take about 1/2 the space, so there owuld be no reason

to re-render to to space.

I set the quality to HQ.

or copying hte *.VRO/*.VOB file to my hard drive
VRO is a special format for in-camera editing. You MUST change the recording format for the VOBs to wrok correctly in Videowave. The miniDVD also has to be finalized in the camcorder before it will be recognized in Windows properly.

I solved one problem, I tried SDcopy and now I can create 16:9.

I should have been more clear, video wave created a 16:9 video screen to work on,

but the image for the video was 16:9.

Looks like SDCopy correctly sets the 16:9 video bit.

Now see if I can find a way to work with VRO files, editing bad footage on the camera is useful.

Now see if I can find a way to work with VRO files, editing bad footage on the camera is useful.
I'm sure it can be handy, but very little software on the market can handle it. Each brand may create VRO differently so very difficult to support.

Good to hear that SDCopy works with miniDVD files, too.

Hi :

I was looking at the trial version of EMC 10. I wanted to try this because I was told it can edit MPEGS without having to rerender everything (but the changed video/transitions etc....) Does anyone have any expereicen with this? When I played the resultng DVD in my dvd player it was clear the MPEG was re-rendered?

My camera is a panaosonic that records to a min dvd.

Also, I record in 16:9 format but cannot get EMC to prodice a 16:9 dvd.

I have read EMC has problems with this camera and that camers,

but can all the cameras really have a 16:9 file problem or is there something with the software?

Didn't you like the answer that you got back a couple of months ago? The answer is the same. The program will make a 16 by 9 project in SD. If the file is HD, and you want to put it on a SD DVD, it has to be re-rendered.

Exactly which Panasonic camera do you have - model number.

Sorry, your post doesn't make sense. Do you now have an earlier Roxio product on your computer? Is that were you saw the rendering? Were you using a different program; it is OK to post what it is. Where did you see a trial version of EMC 10? I didn't know that there was a trial version of EMC 10; are you sure it is not for EMC 9?

I have a Canon HD camcorder and the Sony SD camcorder that I mentioned in that old thread and have no problems making a 16 by 9 production. Of course, yours will be different. You may want to search for your camera. I saw a recent post concerning a JVC issue with a solution. Perhaps something that that would work.

Did you capture the mpg from the camcorder using Firewire connection or did you finalize the disc and copy the folders to your computer? Did you film in movie mode or the mode where you can edit the video in the camera?

When you went to edit the file in VideoWave, did you select a new project with a 16 by 9 format?

How did you know that the mpg file was re-rendered? You should have seen a window that indicated that. How long (time) are the files that you put on a DVD? Re-rendering occurs if the quality (Mbits per second) have to be modified to fit the video on a disc or if you set the quality to something other than the original.

Are you expecting HD quality? Your final DVD will be in standard resolution unless you have chosen to burn to a blu ray disc and play the DVD on a blue ray DVD player.

Archived