• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd & Record Now Version 9

DerekGCWhite

Question

Does anyone know what to do when I have paid for software that is constantly telling my I actually have trial software and it has expired? I thought requiring people to pay for something and the providing something that does not work is scamming at least and probably is fraud

As you my get I am at the end of my tether with this organisation, I have been a customer for 10 years and finally this is the last straw

They insist you pay £1.00 per minute to contact them when THEIR software malfunctions whilst most other reputable software companies provide remote technical support

I feel cheated I have paid nearly £100 for software that only works for a few days after I do I complete CLEAN install.

Some one please help

:angry2:

4 answers to this question

Brendon,

It is so refreshing to hear some open, honest and above all simple advice from someone who clearly knows what they are talking about

It is a rare thing, thanks

It is so silly, even MS has now realised (well almost) the value of being honest as dishonesty always come around and bite you in the b*m

It is a bit like buying a car and putting 4 star fuel from supplier YYY in it and the car stops working. The manufacturer says "Oh, you have to take the engine out, remove every trace of the 4 star fuel, and put the engine back in again and then it will work perfectly, and by the way we are not going to tell you which fuel you must not use". If anyone was sold a car that came with that sort of FEATURE all hell would break loose (probably all international hell as well), is this actually any different?

D

Derek,

Please see this post (click here). I think it should fix your problem.

As this is the first time I've seen the problem surface with Mydvd & Record Now Version 9, would you please post back here to let me know how it goes?

If the program fixes your problem, the problem should never reappear, although I'd appreciate hearing from you if it ever does show again.

Regards,

Brendon

Brendon,

Many thanks for your speedy reply

I have downloaded the repairer and even though it gave me an error 2 the Roxio Home page is now visible.

You will forgive me if I do not celebrate just yet as I have been here before however; last time it was via the difficult route of a clean re-install

Why does Sonic/Roxio not make this readily available when searching in the Knowledge base

More importantly why is their software the ONLY software that is effected in this way by registry cleaners. I am sure the registry cleaners do not have a vendette against Roxio (though I nearly did and I could easily sympathise)

Surely there is a software bug here that requires fixing as it appears common across a number of products by the number of people viewing/creating posts oin this subject

Again - many thanks, here hoping!

Good luck Derek.

I think they don't publicize it because they're paranoid about the slip-up. They even tell their own staff that it's a fault with the registry cleaners.

The bug appeared in several versions of 9, and EMC 10.0, but I think it will be gone in later versions. I have a firm impression that there will not be patches to fix the affected versions.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived