• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recordnow 9 And Norton Registry Cleaner

dave1125

Question

I have Roxio RecordNow 9 Music Lab Premier installed, and have encountered problems when trying to start the program after running Norton's Registry Cleaner. When I attempt to start RecordNow 9 I get the following error message: The Trial Version of this Product has Expired. I have purchased and registered the full version of RecordNow 9 Music Lab Premier.

This problem appears to be related to bad registry links that are part of the RecordNow installation process. Norton Registry Cleaner shows the following: The key. "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio\App Paths\VCU3DcheckApp.exe." refers to and invalid application path. "C:\Program Files\Roxio\VideoCore 9\VCU3DcheckApp.exe"

I did some research online regarding this issue and it showed up back in 2006. Why hasn't this problem been fixed yet? The only way I can get RecordNow to run after using Norton Registry Cleaner is to uninstall/re-install RecordNow 9.

Please correct the bad registry links that are entered as part of the RecordNow installation process. Is there a work around for this issue? Has this issue been corrected in RecordNow 10? Is it possible to upgrade to RecordNow 10 from RecordNow 9, or would I have to purchase RecordNow 10 at the full retail price?

Roxio has extremely poor Customer Support, and I am very unhappy. I am about ready to uninstall RecordNow 9 and never purchase another Roxio product. I would not recommend RecordNow or any other Roxio product for this very reason.

1 answer to this question

Archived