• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recordnow 7.1 Duplicate Cd Problem

phil818

Question

I have the RecordNow 7.1 for a while. It used to work. Now, I cannot duplicate CDs.

I just reinstalled XP Professional SP3 on my laptop. When I make a duplicate, it reads the source disk and prompts me to insert a target disk for writing. Instead of writing, it continues to read the target CD. In the end, it prompts me that it is not blank.

When I look at the new disk, I realized that it is messed up, destroyed by the RecordNow program.

I have already undated the PXEngine3_00_58a and enabled DMA, but am still getting the same problem.

Thanks in advanced.

2 answers to this question

It sounds as if you may have installed IE 7 and/or WinPlayer 11. Either of those can break Roxio EMC 7 and 8, and it wouldn't surprise me if they do the same to RecordNow 7. (I have RecordNow 7.3 on a couple computers, but IE 7 and WinPlayer 11 aren't getting anywhere near either of them.)

If so, and you had IE 7 on before adding SP3, there's no way to get IE 7 back out. If you can't use the built-in WinXP burning abilty to do what you want, it's time for new burning software. :(

Lynn

I have the RecordNow 7.1 for a while. It used to work. Now, I cannot duplicate CDs.

I just reinstalled XP Professional SP3 on my laptop. When I make a duplicate, it reads the source disk and prompts me to insert a target disk for writing. Instead of writing, it continues to read the target CD. In the end, it prompts me that it is not blank.

When I look at the new disk, I realized that it is messed up, destroyed by the RecordNow program.

I have already undated the PXEngine3_00_58a and enabled DMA, but am still getting the same problem.

Thanks in advanced.

Try uninstalling WMP 11 [if you have updated to it] and rolling it back to v 10 or 9.

**** MS instructions for removing WMP 11

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme.../11/readme.aspx

Archived