• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Keeps Shutting Down

asandull

Question

I've been very careful to save my work as I go but this is becoming very annoying and frustrating. What can I do to stop this from happening. My drive says I have 19.6 GB of free space. My virtual memory low warning keeps popping up. I recently defragged and did a disk clean up on all drives.

Any ideas? Thanks!

17 answers to this question

I've been very careful to save my work as I go but this is becoming very annoying and frustrating. What can I do to stop this from happening. My drive says I have 19.6 GB of free space. My virtual memory low warning keeps popping up. I recently defragged and did a disk clean up on all drives.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Bummer, more problems I see. How much ram do you have? I don't see that listed in your specs. I'm somewhat concerned about the virtual memory since usually when that pops up, things start to really slow down. It's been a while since I've had problems like that but in an older machine, I fixed it by changing the page file. We won't go there yet but it's an option for later.

Could it be a transition or effect that is locking things up?

Bummer, more problems I see. How much ram do you have? I don't see that listed in your specs. I'm somewhat concerned about the virtual memory since usually when that pops up, things start to really slow down. It's been a while since I've had problems like that but in an older machine, I fixed it by changing the page file. We won't go there yet but it's an option for later.

Could it be a transition or effect that is locking things up?

How do I find out how much ram I have? I tried looking at the Belarc Advisor to see if it was there but didnt see it...

Yes, things are running very slow, other programs like Microsoft Outlook, Word, even the internet seem to be moving okay though.

My machine is a dinosour so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it too... But to answer your question about the transistions, I am using dissolves through out... aproximatley 30...

How do I find out how much ram I have? I tried looking at the Belarc Advisor to see if it was there but didnt see it...

Yes, things are running very slow, other programs like Microsoft Outlook, Word, even the internet seem to be moving okay though.

My machine is a dinosour so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it too... But to answer your question about the transistions, I am using dissolves through out... aproximatley 30...

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. It will show you some system information on the General tab.

You are low on RAM. You should have a minimum of 512MB, but 1GB is ideal.

May be a dumb question but asides from deleting things, is there a way I can increase my RAM so I dont have these issues... I purchased a 300GB external hard drive thinking I would be able to free up space on my C drive. I save music and video files to the external.

Thanks for your response grandpabruce!

May be a dumb question but asides from deleting things, is there a way I can increase my RAM so I dont have these issues... I purchased a 300GB external hard drive thinking I would be able to free up space on my C drive. I save music and video files to the external.

Thanks for your response grandpabruce!

Okay, I figured out how I can get RAM... I just need to find out what kind of RAM I need for my system i'm running. Thanks again! Have a great day!

Okay, I figured out how I can get RAM... I just need to find out what kind of RAM I need for my system i'm running. Thanks again! Have a great day!

You should have enough room but depending on your system, you may need to install in pairs. Check with Dell first to be sure.

You should have enough room but depending on your system, you may need to install in pairs. Check with Dell first to be sure.

Thanks Paul... I'm on with Dell now and you know your stuff... They are telling me to purchase two 128MB of RDRAM and an updated video card... I should be back in action by... ahhhh... christmas! LOL... Thanks for following up. I appreciate it!

Thanks Paul... I'm on with Dell now and you know your stuff... They are telling me to purchase two 128MB of RDRAM and an updated video card... I should be back in action by... ahhhh... christmas! LOL... Thanks for following up. I appreciate it!

Can't go wrong with a better video card but if you have the dough, you might want to price 2 sticks of 256K ram.....prices are still reasonable but you have other choices than Dell for this. However, if you're not sure what you need, play it safe and get if from them.

Computers are cheap now too. Maybe a nice gift for you would be to buy you a new one :):huh:. You can keep the other for anything from a media player/streamer to light internet work as a backup to your network. I know I'm spending someone else's money but it's just a thought before you go redoing your whole system.

Can't go wrong with a better video card but if you have the dough, you might want to price 2 sticks of 256K ram.....prices are still reasonable but you have other choices than Dell for this. However, if you're not sure what you need, play it safe and get if from them.

Computers are cheap now too. Maybe a nice gift for you would be to buy you a new one :):huh:. You can keep the other for anything from a media player/streamer to light internet work as a backup to your network. I know I'm spending someone else's money but it's just a thought before you go redoing your whole system.

I'm glad you said that Paul... I'm a very impulsive shopper and lose a lot of money that way... I'll do a little research and weigh out my options... Good thinking. Thanks again!

Old topic, but wanted to get your opinions... I found the ram I needed on e-bay for $80. So now i have 512... but I thought I should get a new video card as well so I ordered a radeon 9600 Pro. For my basic amateur needs, do you think that is all I would need to keep my system running smooth while I work on my videos?

My problem now is that my NVIDIA display driver,. which was recently updated, will stop working whenever I try to add text to one of my panels. Will the video card stop this from happening once its installed?

Thanks for your help trying to resolve these issues?

P.S... and when you refer to "he" in your responses, who are you referring to? Because i'm a woman... LOL...

Old topic, but wanted to get your opinions... I found the ram I needed on e-bay for $80. So now i have 512... but I thought I should get a new video card as well so I ordered a radeon 9600 Pro. For my basic amateur needs, do you think that is all I would need to keep my system running smooth while I work on my videos?

My problem now is that my NVIDIA display driver,. which was recently updated, will stop working whenever I try to add text to one of my panels. Will the video card stop this from happening once its installed?

Thanks for your help trying to resolve these issues?

P.S... and when you refer to "he" in your responses, who are you referring to? Because i'm a woman... LOL...

LOL! My bad for not reading. Older eyes you know. Your video card is ancient in technology terms. So is mine, actually. :)

With the amout of RAM that you have, and the 9600 Pro that you are getting, you should be good to go.

LOL! My bad for not reading. Older eyes you know. Your video card is ancient in technology terms. So is mine, actually. :)

With the amout of RAM that you have, and the 9600 Pro that you are getting, you should be good to go.

LOL...good, I dont feel so manly anymore now that we cleared that up... :huh:

Thanks for your opinion! I just want to enjoy working on my videos again instead of getting so Frustrated!!!

Have a great night! :D

Better take another look Paul. He has Rambus RAM (RD), and if you can even find it, it will be expensive. I have it in my backup computer, and my feeling is, RAMBUS is far superior than any DDR RAM made. The DDR2 may be getting close, but I doubt it.

Better take another look Paul. He has Rambus RAM (RD), and if you can even find it, it will be expensive. I have it in my backup computer, and my feeling is, RAMBUS is far superior than any DDR RAM made. The DDR2 may be getting close, but I doubt it.

You're probably right but I guess it depends on your pocketbook. I think I've seen 128 around $60 or so. But, as I said, it might be time to buy a newer system. If he can wait until the end of the year or maybe when Vista comes out, he might save some money. Either way, it's worth it to get as much RAM as you can afford.

You're probably right but I guess it depends on your pocketbook. I think I've seen 128 around $60 or so. But, as I said, it might be time to buy a newer system. If he can wait until the end of the year or maybe when Vista comes out, he might save some money. Either way, it's worth it to get as much RAM as you can afford.

They haven't made a motherboard that supports Rambus RAM, in about 3 years, I think. He should be able to find the RAM. I would actually like more for my backup computer. I only have 512MB in it.

Archived