• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator De 10.1

Fly N High

Question

I purchased a Dell desktop Inspiron 530, and it came with Roxio Creator DE 10.1. The DE stands for Dell Edition. I was trying to copy a DVD which it did fine. Then it asked to insert a DVD-R disc into the "D" drive. I used a blank DVD+R instead, and it popped it out of the "D" drive with a message saying, install a blank DVD-R. I checked the compatibility on my "D" drive and the Roxio program, and I should be able to use + or - DVD discs. I called Dell support and some tech. from India took over my PC and was able to copy the DVD onto my hard drive, making an image file,and storing it on my desktop. Then she was able to burn that image file from the desktop onto the same blank DVD+R disc, that earlier said it needed a DVD-R disc. The only problem was that the tech from Dell did it so fast, I couldn't see how it was done. When I asked her to show me, I had a very hard time understanding her English. If anyone out there could walk me through the process, I would greatly appreciate it.

2 answers to this question

If anyone out there could walk me through the process, I would greatly appreciate it.

You'd probably get more help in the Dell forums.

The problem is that things are frequently named differently in the Dell edition. You should be able to use a Copy function to copy that DVD to your hard drive as an 'image file.'

However, you might want to check with the Dell Support site first and see if they have any updates/firmware for your DVD burner that will enable it to 'see' the DVD-R disk.

Archived