You Tube Quality

Northwestrider

Question

5 answers to this question

Ask You Tube. They make sure the video meets their standard. Vimeo and Voe (?) may have different standards. Have you gone to the You Tube web site to see what format works best for them?

Yes I had visited the help site of You tube before posting my question, and all looked well from my end. That is why I posted my message. Anyway I have figured out the problem. When I upload my videos with their up loader, an option exists after the upload is complete to view in normal quality or high quality. That option does not seem to exist when uploading a video in the usual way. When viewed in high quality the video appears ok, viewed normally the video is very unappealing to say the least.

Yes I had visited the help site of You tube before posting my question, and all looked well from my end. That is why I posted my message. Anyway I have figured out the problem. When I upload my videos with their up loader, an option exists after the upload is complete to view in normal quality or high quality. That option does not seem to exist when uploading a video in the usual way. When viewed in high quality the video appears ok, viewed normally the video is very unappealing to say the least.

You have seen high quality video on You Tube? I have seen good videos on You Tube, but the quality is, and always will be, junk.

how do you get the high quality option before you upload? When I upload it doesn't give me that option

Northwest hasn't been back since this initial post so it unlikely that Northwest will answer. Stick to your other thread. If it is a YouTube setting, ask there.

Why is it that I am able to upload a video to Vimeo or Veoh that looks rather good, however when I upload the same video to You Tube the quality is much reduced. The video file quality I am using is " Windows Media Video 9, 640 + 480 VBR " Thanks

Ask YouTube. They make sure the video meets their standard. Vimeo and Voe (?) may have different standards. Have you gone to the YouTube web site to see what format works best for them?

Archived