• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sound Editor

amlnv

Question

I have installed an Audio Technicia USB turntable. The Sound device is set up for the USB mic and speakers.

During the recording of an album the sound does not play through. After recording I can hear the sound when I playback the file.

It does work correctly with Audicaty.

Any suggestions?

5 answers to this question

Very similar to my experience.

I have a HP Pavilion with a Realtek Hi Def Audio card running vista.

If I use the RCA plugs to the line in I can hear the audio.

I can also hear the sound while recording if I use Audacity.

I do not want to use Audacity. I would like to use Sound Editor and have the sound play through while I record the LP.

I have tried to update the drivers. I always receive a message that they are current.

I receved the same message for the Sound card and went on their site and found newer drivers.

Do you have a site for generic USB Audio drivers that may be newer?

The problem is that the recording application has to be aware that it's recording via a USB device and then redirect the input to the other sound card's output. Is Audacity the application that came with your USB turntable? If so, then that's why it has that ability. Most applications only deal with one sound device at a time, like Sound Editor, which will obviously record via the USB device that is your turntable, but doesn't have the option to re-route that to the output of your sound card.

I have installed an Audio Technicia USB turntable. The Sound device is set up for the USB mic and speakers.

During the recording of an album the sound does not play through. After recording I can hear the sound when I playback the file.

It does work correctly with Audicaty.

Any suggestions?

Take a look at this thread, and see if there is anything there that helps:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...Turntable\

Take a look at this thread, and see if there is anything there that helps:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...Turntable\

I do not want to use Audacity. I would like to use Sound Editor and have the sound play through while I record the LP.

I have tried to update the drivers. I always receive a message that they are current.

I receved the same message for the Sound card and went on their site and found newer drivers.

I don't have a USB turntable. I have a 37 year old Pioneer amp, and a 25 year old Technics turntable that I use for dumping my old LP's to my computer. It works great. :)

Archived