• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Will Not Burn

rchickencoop

Question

HELP!!!!! I am trying to make a DVD for my husband for Father's Day. I have a Dell XPS 400 Desktop computer with 1 T of hard disk space, so that shouldn't be the problem. I am not a computer guru. I did, however use the Roxio MyDVD DE (Dell Edition) successfully before to make DVDs. I just upgraded to to Suite 10. I did not uninstall the previous versions. I am using a couple different kinds of media....one is a DVD+RW the other I tried was a DVD-R. Same issues on both. It goes through the encoding process to 100%. Everything appears to be fine. When I click O.K., there is nothing on the disk. It will not play in my DVD player or in my computer. I sometimes get a couple of random notices, like my video card driver needs to be updated (I think it is a NiVdea or something like that). But I never get an option to finalize the disk. Can someone out there help me. Again, I am not a technical person, so please be slow gentle & patient! Thanks!

R.

4 answers to this question

HELP!!!!! I am trying to make a DVD for my husband for Father's Day. I have a Dell XPS 400 Desktop computer with 1 T of hard disk space, so that shouldn't be the problem. I am not a computer guru. I did, however use the Roxio MyDVD DE (Dell Edition) successfully before to make DVDs. I just upgraded to to Suite 10. I did not uninstall the previous versions. I am using a couple different kinds of media....one is a DVD+RW the other I tried was a DVD-R. Same issues on both. It goes through the encoding process to 100%. Everything appears to be fine. When I click O.K., there is nothing on the disk. It will not play in my DVD player or in my computer. I sometimes get a couple of random notices, like my video card driver needs to be updated (I think it is a NiVdea or something like that). But I never get an option to finalize the disk. Can someone out there help me. Again, I am not a technical person, so please be slow gentle & patient! Thanks!

R.

What program are you using to encode/burn the DVD, and from where are you getting your source material for your production?

Well, first if you get a message about needing to update video drivers, you probably need to start there. You can download drivers from Nvidia's site if you know what model video card you have. You may also be able to get updated drivers from dell, based on your system model.

Next, depending on what type of DVD you are trying to produce you may want to use the following process. You may already be using this process but your details are sparse so I am not quite sure

1) Import and edit pictures/video in Videowave

2) Open the Videowave project in MyDVD

3) Setup menus and burn the disc in MyDVD

That's a very, very basic summary. But it may get you pointed in the right direction.

What program are you using to encode/burn the DVD, and from where are you getting your source material for your production?

I am using my DVD Express that came with the Easy Media Creator 10. The source for material is a recording from my sony dvd handycam that I captured onto my pc.

Well, first if you get a message about needing to update video drivers, you probably need to start there. You can download drivers from Nvidia's site if you know what model video card you have. You may also be able to get updated drivers from dell, based on your system model.

Next, depending on what type of DVD you are trying to produce you may want to use the following process. You may already be using this process but your details are sparse so I am not quite sure

1) Import and edit pictures/video in Videowave

2) Open the Videowave project in MyDVD

3) Setup menus and burn the disc in MyDVD

That's a very, very basic summary. But it may get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks for the info. Already did steps 1-3 repeatedly it looks successful, but nothing appears on either formats of DVDs. Just started getting the random errors about my driver when I started all over again this morning. Got the random error about my Nvidia on the 4th attempt of steps 1-3. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I am using my DVD Express that came with the Easy Media Creator 10. The source for material is a recording from my sony dvd handycam that I captured onto my pc.

Thanks for the info. Already did steps 1-3 repeatedly it looks successful, but nothing appears on either formats of DVDs. Just started getting the random errors about my driver when I started all over again this morning. Got the random error about my Nvidia on the 4th attempt of steps 1-3. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Update the drivers for your video card. If your Sony is a minDV camcorder, capture via firewire.

Then, create your production in VideoWave. One done, save your project, close VideoWave, open MyDVD, and bring in your .dmsm VideoWave project. Don't send your project to MyDVD Express, from VideoWave.

Now, in MyDVD, make your menus, etc., then click on Burn, uncheck the burn to DVD box, and check the burn to image file box. Give your image file a name, and save it to a new folder, on your hard drive.

Once the .iso file is done, save your MyDVD project, and close MyDVD. Open Video Copy and Convert, click on the DVD Video Copy tab, and to the right of Source, in the dropdown box, browse to your .iso file, bring it in, and burn to a DVD.

Hopefully, this will give a better result.

Archived