• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Drive Detected

georgeb

Question

Hi

Have been using MyDVD and 'Copy and Convert' successfully for some time now. There were some glitches so I rang the HP support. They suggested I go into the Registry and remove the keys called UpperLimits and LowerLimits (cannot remember the exact name). I know roughly where they were if that helps.

Some time later, I fired up Roxio and it tells me 'No Drive Detected' and I cannot use 'Copy and Convert'.

Windows Explorer and other apps see it fine, but not Roxio. I also used SureThing CD Labeller to print using LightScribe and that worked fine too.

Any ideas very welcome.

Thank you

4 answers to this question

George,

Those would have been 'upperfilters' and 'lowerfilters'.

When you remove them, Windows will re-write the filters registry keys, but it doesn't recreate the filter names which Roxio had put in the registry.

After you remove these registry keys you need to reinstall the Roxio program suite to recreate the filter names. The HP person should have reminded you of this.

Regards,

Brendon

George,

Those would have been 'upperfilters' and 'lowerfilters'.

When you remove them, Windows will re-write the filters registry keys, but it doesn't recreate the filter names which Roxio had put in the registry.

After you remove these registry keys you need to reinstall the Roxio program suite to recreate the filter names. The HP person should have reminded you of this.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you again. The reinstall did the trick. I found HP phone service (here in Australia) not as knowledgeable as their online email support, but I guess it's all outsourced to some exotic location nowadays and they do try.

All the best, it's great to be a part of this Forum.

Archived