Ecdc 5 Basic Spanish Dont Regconize Mi Dvd-ram

Aldo

HI! i Installed ECDC 5 Basic in my system XP PRO SP-3 Spanish , but not recognized my LG HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA-4167B

with Firmware DL 13, i downloaded the last update the 5.3.5.10 patch, but I cant burn Data DVDs =(..

What I can do?

Thanks!!

Your GSA-4167B was released well after Easy CD Creator 5 updates were finished, so ECDC 5 does not recognize your drive.

It is possible to fool the software into 'recognizing' your drive by applying the 535V drive updater and then doing a registry edit. Are you capable of doing the registry edit?

Regards,

Brendon

HI! i Installed ECDC 5 Basic in my system XP PRO SP-3 Spanish , but not recognized my LG HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM GSA-4167B

with Firmware DL 13, i downloaded the last update the 5.3.5.10 patch, but I cant burn Data DVDs =(..

What I can do?

Thanks!!

Ok!! but i have a error mi version is ECDC 5.1, now o download the las update, i hope this work !! , but if this not work, well where i download the 535v Drive Updater?? and which part i need edit in the registry??

Thanks!!! :)

I thought you had already downloaded and applied the 5.3.5.10 updater ? For this to work, we need a fully-updated Easy CD Creator.

Download and apply the 5.3.5.10 updater. You'll need the updater to match your version, Basic or Platinum. Platinum is at the top of the Software Updates download page, and Basic is at the bottom.

In between the Basic and Platinum updaters is an entry which says "Drive Update for Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.3.5.10v" That is the drive updater you need to apply after the big 5.3.5.10 update.

Once you have a fully updated Easy CD Creator, comes the registry work.

-Run Regedit.exe

-enter Ctrl-F (find) and ask the editor to find device001. It should find a registry entry which looks like this

GENERIC FREECOM48H,GENERIC,FREECOM48H,SAMSUNG48X24,cdrmmc.drv,171,,9

-we need to replace that entry with one for your drive.

-copy this entry onto your clipboard by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-C

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B,HL-DT-ST,DVDRAM GSA-4167B,DVD+-R/RW,cdrmmc.drv,178,,9

-double-click on device001 and an edit box will open with that Generic Freecom entry highlighted

-press Ctrl-V to paste our new entry into the edit box

-click OK to complete the edit, and then exit from the registry editor.

"device001" should now point to the new entry, and your drive should be recognized by Easy CD Creator. This edit won't work for Direct CD, but that's no loss :)

Please tell me how you get on.

Regards,

Brendon

Cool!! Its Works!!! :)

Thanks!!!

Now I can Burn My DVD-RW DVD+RW DVD-R DVD+R..and Still i dont try Direct CD, but for my is not important..

Thanks for your help!! :lol:

Greetings !!

Aldo C.

I thought you had already downloaded and applied the 5.3.5.10 updater ? For this to work, we need a fully-updated Easy CD Creator.

Download and apply the 5.3.5.10 updater. You'll need the updater to match your version, Basic or Platinum. Platinum is at the top of the Software Updates download page, and Basic is at the bottom.

In between the Basic and Platinum updaters is an entry which says "Drive Update for Easy CD Creator Platinum 5.3.5.10v" That is the drive updater you need to apply after the big 5.3.5.10 update.

Once you have a fully updated Easy CD Creator, comes the registry work.

-Run Regedit.exe

-enter Ctrl-F (find) and ask the editor to find device001. It should find a registry entry which looks like this

GENERIC FREECOM48H,GENERIC,FREECOM48H,SAMSUNG48X24,cdrmmc.drv,171,,9

-we need to replace that entry with one for your drive.

-copy this entry onto your clipboard by highlighting it and pressing Ctrl-C

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B,HL-DT-ST,DVDRAM GSA-4167B,DVD+-R/RW,cdrmmc.drv,178,,9

-double-click on device001 and an edit box will open with that Generic Freecom entry highlighted

-press Ctrl-V to paste our new entry into the edit box

-click OK to complete the edit, and then exit from the registry editor.

"device001" should now point to the new entry, and your drive should be recognized by Easy CD Creator. This edit won't work for Direct CD, but that's no loss :)

Please tell me how you get on.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived