• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Program Won't Open Consistently

jamesmcnair3

Question

I have EMC 8 (lastest version). Upon initial boot up, I can use the program without any troubles. Yet, if I close it to do other applications, then I have troubles. It won't open again from using shortcuts or the start/program menu. I have to reboot my PC to open the application again.

I've downloaded all the latest drivers and direct x.

I've already followed the tedious steps to do a clean install.

I've used the hotfixes for the menu and dvrms.

Are there any solutions?

thx for your time and consideration.

7 answers to this question

Well, I kind of thought that it was all laid out there in the origional post. :blink:

I installed a CD burner in a users PC. I then installed Roxio and burned a CD to test it. It tested fine and I thought all was well. I then got a call from the user saying that they are having issue with Roxio. I went to go check it out and found that they can burn a disk in Roxio. If they close the program, and later try to open Roxio, they get a short hourglass and "nothing happens". The program will not open. If they reboot their computer, they can then open Roxio and burn CDs. But again, if they close the program, they are unable to re-open it with having to reboot. I have done everything that the origional poster has done as well as a clean install. I really do not want to have to image this persons computer, hence me bumping the old thread. This is all I have been able to find on this issue, and it is the exact same issue as the OP.

If you need more information, just LMK.

I'm having the same exact issue of the program opening fine once and then you have to re-boot the computer to open again...what a hassle!!!.....I read the response about I.E. 7 and WMP 11 being known conflicts...which of these is most known to cause the opening issue?...can you un-install I.E. 7 and go back to version 6?...will this solve the issue...can anyone add anything else to this info wise?...thanks for your trouble...Dave

Gotta love the "me too" posts, without any other information given.

Reboot your computer.

Well, I kind of thought that it was all laid out there in the origional post. :blink:

I installed a CD burner in a users PC. I then installed Roxio and burned a CD to test it. It tested fine and I thought all was well. I then got a call from the user saying that they are having issue with Roxio. I went to go check it out and found that they can burn a disk in Roxio. If they close the program, and later try to open Roxio, they get a short hourglass and "nothing happens". The program will not open. If they reboot their computer, they can then open Roxio and burn CDs. But again, if they close the program, they are unable to re-open it with having to reboot. I have done everything that the origional poster has done as well as a clean install. I really do not want to have to image this persons computer, hence me bumping the old thread. This is all I have been able to find on this issue, and it is the exact same issue as the OP.

If you need more information, just LMK.

It's always better to start a new thread than to try re-hashing an old one. One problem is we never know whether suggestions worked or not unless the OP came back and told us (usually we take it that, if they don't, it worked)

However, does the computyer have IE7 and/or WMP11 installed as 'MS Updates'?

If so, they will have to be removed as they cause problems with EMC 8

Archived