• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Extracting Single Chapters From Commerical Music Dvds

mrdrbrooks

Question

I'm a real neophyte at this stuff. I own over a hundred music dvds and want to extract single tracks (chapters from these in order to compile playlists of just the songs I want to see/hear rather than the entire music video. Can I do this, and if so, how do I do this? Any help is appreicated.java script:emoticon :)

3 answers to this question

Disclaimer: I dont have much experience with Music DVDs other then the ones I have made myself, so take this with a grain of salt:

1) I would imagine the commercial DVD is encrypted. If so, now you are starting to cross lines I dont think Roxio wants us to cross on their discussion boards

2) If it is a DVD you made, you already have the music on your system, so there is no need to rip it, and we are sort of stuck back with point 1.

Disclaimer: I dont have much experience with Music DVDs other then the ones I have made myself, so take this with a grain of salt:

1) I would imagine the commercial DVD is encrypted. If so, now you are starting to cross lines I dont think Roxio wants us to cross on their discussion boards

2) If it is a DVD you made, you already have the music on your system, so there is no need to rip it, and we are sort of stuck back with point 1.

Well, I'm not sure if I am crossing into fobidden territory or not. I do not want to burn a copy onto a disc, just copy onto my iMac for my use, rather than having to load a dvd every time, or open an entire video whenever I want to watch one song. Maybe it just can't be done. I appreciate your response nonetheless.

Well, I'm not sure if I am crossing into fobidden territory or not. I do not want to burn a copy onto a disc, just copy onto my iMac for my use, rather than having to load a dvd every time, or open an entire video whenever I want to watch one song. Maybe it just can't be done. I appreciate your response nonetheless.

Archived