I Need Help?!?!?!?!

missingmike

Question

Ive just finished a surf video with music and fade transitions, nothing fancy.I burned 1 dvd with qualitythat Im happy with for what Im using.Trying to burn it to dvd takes forever. Id like to try and get it online also so Im wondering the best way to go..I thought I saved it right but Im feeling clueless.After editing my vid. on video wave what should be my next step for dvd copies and (or) getting it on line.I tried mydvd express and saved it on DMSM .Im now trying Divx,I think Ive saved it iso. also?Would just like to move forward haha

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

7 answers to this question

Ive just finished a surf video with music and fade transitions, nothing fancy.I burned 1 dvd with qualitythat Im happy with for what Im using.Trying to burn it to dvd takes forever. Id like to try and get it online also so Im wondering the best way to go..I thought I saved it right but Im feeling clueless.After editing my vid. on video wave what should be my next step for dvd copies and (or) getting it on line.I tried mydvd express and saved it on DMSM .Im now trying Divx,I think Ive saved it iso. also?Would just like to move forward haha

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Burning doesn't take the time; encoding does and that depends on your computer's CPU. If you want faster then get a faster computer, clean and defrag your hard drive and shut down all other running programs. Your choice of order. How long does it take you to "burn" a disc?

If you want to make multiple copies of the DVD, do that by going to MyDVD and selecting to burn to an ISO file. Once the file is encoded, just copy that ISO file to a blank DVD. You can make as many copies that you want by just copying that ISO file. If you have two or more DVD burners, you can copy that ISO file to blank discs at the highest speed of the slowest drive. Burning will be at the rate that your computer can burn and that depends on your burner and the blank DVD discs.

As for putting the video on line, from Video Wave, output the file to the format that the sharing site will accept. YouTube, GoFish! and Silverlight Streaming.

are popular sharing sites. Google and go to those sites to find the one you want. Remember that they have file size restrictions so you may have to cut your video into parts to do multiple uploads to share the entire video. In Video Wave, click on the Film Reel Icon above the preview screen and select the format that the sharing site will accept.

BTW, don't use MyDVD Express.

Just diving in here - you do NOT 'copy' a .iso file or you end up with something totally unusable

Open the .iso with Disc Copier and have a blank disc in the drive

Consider a .iso file as an uncompressed archibe file - it needs to be opened and the contents put on the disc and Disc Copier will do that for you

SKNIS, thanks for your information.I put it on a AVI. file I believe its windows media video 9 640 X 480 VBR? It uploaded to youtube...it came out okay,then I uploaded to MySpaceTV and it looked pretty good, at least I am happy with it for now.I saved it as iso. also.My question would be; when you chose output as: theres so many different choices I was wondering the best way to go,also where it says pupose I used "all".Ill try and burn from my iso.file.My comp. is 1 year old and is fairly quick.HPIntel duo processor,XP. Ive lost alot of dvd's trying to burn,mostly from dvd express,so the last part of your message is highly noted.

This is whats up....http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36147748

Thanks again for the help.

Mike

If you want to make multiple copies of the DVD, do that by going to MyDVD and selecting to burn to an ISO file. Once the file is encoded, just copy that ISO file to a blank DVD. You can make as many copies that you want by just copying that ISO file. If you have two or more DVD burners, you can copy that ISO file to blank discs at the highest speed of the slowest drive. Burning will be at the rate that your computer can burn and that depends on your burner and the blank DVD discs.

if I simply copy ISO file to a blank DVD, will that autopay in a standalone DVD player ?

if I simply copy ISO file to a blank DVD, will that autopay in a standalone DVD player ?

Yes. It will immediately go to the Intro movie, if you have one, or to the menu where you can select what to play.

If you want the player to just play and loop, you have to make a DVD project with no menu. You cannot change a ISo file from a project with menus to a project with no menus. You have to go back to MY DVD.

Where did the ISO file come from?

Archived