• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Recordnow Is A Big Problem

SmartArt

Question

:angry: It used to add and I could fill up my discs. Now, there's a problem with only 21 mb on it and it's full! If I wanted coasters, I'd go to the store and get some. I just want my software to work. Others have posted the same problem on this board with no solutions. What's the solution?

8 answers to this question

:angry: It used to add and I could fill up my discs. Now, there's a problem with only 21 mb on it and it's full! If I wanted coasters, I'd go to the store and get some. I just want my software to work. Others have posted the same problem on this board with no solutions. What's the solution?

Havn't got a clue. We don't even know what program of Sonics you are using, and what application within that program.

We need details.....if it was working, then you have probably made some changes to your computer (Windows updates for example......updated IE 6 to IE 7 or WMP 9 to 10). The Sonic software very rarely just stops working.

I have had problems with SONIC Record Now, too. I am not sure exactly which option you are using. One thing I noticed is that if you start off with choosing a "DATA Disc," you can usually add more files onto it. This works with music on CD's (just don't choose exact copy or you can't add on more later). Maybe you are already doing it this way.

<snip>

GOOD LUCK

off-topic material about how to defeat the copy protection and load DVDs to hard drive removed by Brendon. That material is unlawful now, so Roxio can't host it on Roxio boards. :(

I was jsut on Roxio Website. They mentioned a malisious problem coming from vewing something over Internet Explorer that causes a problem. See this page:

http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/recordnow...re_updates.html

Both IE 7 and WMP 10 can cause problems with earlier versions of Record now and need to be rolled back to IE 6/WMP 9 versions.

The original poster on this thread did not say what version they have, thats why in post #2 I was not being too specific till they got back with more info.

To Ogdens:

How does IE and WMP get involved when I am using Record Now? When that is the only program open and operating at the time? The last time I tried to back up a DVD I made on my DVD Recorder (Magnavox) I disconnected my Internet Connection so that nothing could interfere while I made the copy. I had no other programs on at the time. Could something else on my computer have done an automatic type of action while I was out of the room? Would Windows Media Player have tried to interfere? Is there a setting that I should change so that no media player opens up automatically? Right now I cannot even open Dell Media Experience (not sure what happened there).

Thanks Gracie

Both IE 7 and WMP 10 can cause problems with earlier versions of Record now and need to be rolled back to IE 6/WMP 9 versions.

The original poster on this thread did not say what version they have, thats why in post #2 I was not being too specific till they got back with more info.

THIS IS GRACIE:

Please note, I was not trying to "defeat copy protection", as indicated in Brendan's note below (not sure how to reconnect with Brendan). My issue was copying disks made by me (not commerically produced disks). I was just explaining how using another program --I found out how to save the fist disk to my hard drive without using a new disk. This other program also gave more information about the errors happening. Therefore, if there was a technical problem on the disk, I would not waste another disk (copying onto it). I thought this might be helpful to SmartArt so he could see if there was a particular error on his disk that made it so that he could not add to it. It might also help others who are also having problems with Record Now.

I have had problems with SONIC Record Now, too. I am not sure exactly which option you are using. One thing I noticed is that if you start off with choosing a "DATA Disc," you can usually add more files onto it. This works with music on CD's (just don't choose exact copy or you can't add on more later). Maybe you are already doing it this way.

<snip>

GOOD LUCK

off-topic material about how to defeat the copy protection and load DVDs to hard drive removed by Brendon. That material is unlawful now, so Roxio can't host it on Roxio boards. :(

IE 7 and WinPlayer both make changes deep within the Windows Operating System, which changes how it works.

Therefore, if you have either or both of them, it doesn't matter whether you are running them at the minute or not, the changes they have made to the Operating Sytem interfere with programs that were written to work with the Operating System as it was.

If you are having probems with Dell Media Experience, you would need to talk to Dell, because they would know how their customized programs work. However, if it is old enough to have been designed to work with IE 6 and WinPlayer 10, it's quite possible updating to IE 7 and WinPlayer 11 will have "broken" it by the changes they have made to your Operating Sytem.

Lynn

Archived