Mydvd Lightscribe Discs Rejected

georgeb

Question

Hello again. I tried a search for this but didn't find anything. The problem I am having is that I am unable to create an image on Lightscribe discs. I am not doing the label at this stage, just the movie burn. Other DVDs work fine. I have the latest firmware. It could be that the discs are dodgy, of course, but is there something else I should check?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

You are welcome, but I don't understand why you would burn with DVD Decrypter instead of Video Copy and Convert.

I will try DVD Copy and Convert but having created several unusable DVD discs I was a bit reluctant to do so. I will bite the bullet and do it shortly. Thanks heaps.

I will try DVD Copy and Convert but having created several unusable DVD discs I was a bit reluctant to do so. I will bite the bullet and do it shortly. Thanks heaps.

Get yourself some RW's for testing purposes.

Hello again. I tried a search for this but didn't find anything. The problem I am having is that I am unable to create an image on Lightscribe discs. I am not doing the label at this stage, just the movie burn. Other DVDs work fine. I have the latest firmware. It could be that the discs are dodgy, of course, but is there something else I should check?

Thanks

How are you going about trying to burn to that disc?

How are you going about trying to burn to that disc?

Hi and thanks

I make a movie with MyDVD, click 'Burn' and it goes into a long 'Encoding' procedure. I go away and have a coffee or two (or more), come buck and there is a message 'Error writing to disc' or similar. I will get the exact wording next time. If I do the same with a non Lightscribe disc, it works fine.

Also, same discs work fine with Windows Movie Maker and DVD Decrypter.

Hi and thanks

I make a movie with MyDVD, click 'Burn' and it goes into a long 'Encoding' procedure. I go away and have a coffee or two (or more), come buck and there is a message 'Error writing to disc' or similar. I will get the exact wording next time. If I do the same with a non Lightscribe disc, it works fine.

First, update the firmware for your burner. Also, what media are you burning to?

One other thing. Don't burn directly to a DVD. Burn to and image (.iso) file, then burn to a DVD using Video Copy and Convert.

First, update the firmware for your burner. Also, what media are you burning to?

One other thing. Don't burn directly to a DVD. Burn to and image (.iso) file, then burn to a DVD using Video Copy and Convert.

Hi

I have updated the firware to the latest version a while ago as the drive didn't recognise DVD-RAM discs. It now does. The discs are Verbatim purchased at the local Dick Smith shore (by way of an aside, I went to school with Dick Smith and wish some of his success rubbed off on me).

I will try your suggestion regarding creating an ISO file. Thanks for that.

By way of info, I usually use Windows Movie Maker when making a single movie DVD. I use MyDVD when I need to make more than one movie on a DVD as the menu system is better.

Thanks

Hello again and sorry for taking so long to get back. Yes, using Copy and Convert to copy the ISO file to a DVD worked fine. Thanks for that suggestion. One little thing I noticed though was that I couldn't see a 'Verify' option like in DVD Decryptor. Have I overlooked it? Having said that, I have found that some discs which DVD Decryptor Verify found to be faulty, actually play fine so verification is not mandatory, but useful.

Thanks again for coming to my rescue.

Hello again and sorry for taking so long to get back. Yes, using Copy and Convert to copy the ISO file to a DVD worked fine. Thanks for that suggestion. One little thing I noticed though was that I couldn't see a 'Verify' option like in DVD Decryptor. Have I overlooked it? Having said that, I have found that some discs which DVD Decryptor Verify found to be faulty, actually play fine so verification is not mandatory, but useful.

Thanks again for coming to my rescue.

Very glad to hear it worked!

Hi

I have updated the firware to the latest version a while ago as the drive didn't recognise DVD-RAM discs. It now does. The discs are Verbatim purchased at the local Dick Smith shore (by way of an aside, I went to school with Dick Smith and wish some of his success rubbed off on me).

I will try your suggestion regarding creating an ISO file. Thanks for that.

By way of info, I usually use Windows Movie Maker when making a single movie DVD. I use MyDVD when I need to make more than one movie on a DVD as the menu system is better.

Thanks

I took your suggestion, created an ISO file and used DVD Decrypter to create a DVD. That worked fine for ISO movie created by MyDVD and 'Copy and Convert'. Thanks again for all your help.

I took your suggestion, created an ISO file and used DVD Decrypter to create a DVD. That worked fine for ISO movie created by MyDVD and 'Copy and Convert'. Thanks again for all your help.

You are welcome, but I don't understand why you would burn with DVD Decrypter instead of Video Copy and Convert.

Archived