Record Now Music Lab 10

WORKED UP

Question

bought music lab 10. installed. rebooted. got this messege.

"All your drives are set to disabled.On this operating system, in order to start Record Now 10 Music Lab you must either physically remove your drive(s) or enable at least one drive."

my drives are enabled. so I look more into this matter and find 1 solution with the pxengine download. tried that, still no luck.

another solution was the clean install/uninstall with windows uninstall program and doing everything else on that page involving the registry keys etc. reinstalled music lab again and it still says the above

"All your drives are set to disabled.On this operating system, in order to start Record Now 10 Music Lab you must either physically remove your drive(s) or enable at least one drive."

ok, any more suggestions besides return it?

emachine

xp home edition

1 answer to this question

The first thing that comes to mind when I see "emachine" is 'avoid' - refurbishing old computers at interconnection.org I have learned to pick something else because they are hard to get into and low-end computers. OK, so I'm biased.

It says in Wikipedia

eMachines was a maker of low-cost PCs based in Irvine, California. It employed about 135 employees and sold between 1 to 2 million computers per year before its purchase on January 30, 2004, by rival Gateway Computers. Gateway was purchased by Acer in October 2007, and eMachines is still used as a brand for low-cost PCs.

The specs for RecordNow Music Lab 10 are http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/recordno...quirements.html -

and the WinXP subset is a farce. To do anything more than make basic data and music CDs I'd suggest you need the minimums stated for Vista.

# Windows Vista™ with 1.6 GHz Intel processor, 512 MB RAM or Windows® XP with 500 MHz processor or faster; 128 MB RAM

# 1 GB of free hard disk space for typical installation of all components

# 1024x768, 16-bit color graphics card

# 16-bit Windows compatible sound card and speakers

# DirectX 9 or higher compatible sound card and graphics card

# Windows Media Player 10 or higher

# Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or higher

# CD or DVD drive to install the software (for physical version only)

So the question is, what are the specs for your machine - you say you have WinXP; what about processor speed, RAM, graphics card (should be a separate card, not on-board graphics), WinPlayer, etc?

Lynn

Archived