• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slower Burn Speed Vs Slower Media?

debit72

Question

I've noticed that Toast offers a selection of burn speeds. Normally I just select "Best" and haven't had too many problems making backup CDs and music CDs. However, as I prepare to burn my first DVD's, I have been reading that in order to have better success and more compatibility with different DVD players, I should avoid higher speed (e.g. 16x) media and chooose media with a higher reflectivity (e.g., Verbatim, Apple). Is this true?

And under what circumstances would I want to choose a lower burn speed than what is on the media itself?

1 answer to this question

I've noticed that Toast offers a selection of burn speeds. Normally I just select "Best" and haven't had too many problems making backup CDs and music CDs. However, as I prepare to burn my first DVD's, I have been reading that in order to have better success and more compatibility with different DVD players, I should avoid higher speed (e.g. 16x) media and chooose media with a higher reflectivity (e.g., Verbatim, Apple). Is this true?

And under what circumstances would I want to choose a lower burn speed than what is on the media itself?

Dear Debit,

From advice I've been given, the slower the burn speed the better the end result.

Isabel

Archived