• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Burn, As Read Only - Help Please

mikemike

Question

I was using roxio 6 or 7 to burn dvd's+rw, (I can't remember which), but then installed roxio easy media creator 9. Now I cannot burn onto my existing dvd's as the message discs are read only, appears when I call up "drag to disc". Why is this? Do I have to go back to the old roxio program, surely not!!

Thank you,

5 answers to this question

I was using roxio 6 or 7 to burn dvd's+rw, (I can't remember which), but then installed roxio easy media creator 9. Now I cannot burn onto my existing dvd's as the message discs are read only, appears when I call up "drag to disc". Why is this? Do I have to go back to the old roxio program, surely not!!

Thank you,

There should be no problem erasing an RW disc, then using Creator Classic to burn sessions to it.

All my dvd+rw discs show up in the "drag to disc" as being read only, cannot write. It will not allow write or format or erase. I should be able to drag to disc, so I'm wondering why I cannot.

Please can someone help? Thanks,

There should be no problem erasing an RW disc, then using Creator Classic to burn sessions to it.

All my dvd+rw discs show up in the "drag to disc" as being read only, cannot write. It will not allow write or format or erase. I should be able to drag to disc, so I'm wondering why I cannot.

Please can someone help? Thanks,

If you value what is on those discs, copy everything from the discs, then burn them to new discs, using Creator Classic, instead of using Drag to Disc. Also, if you are archiving important data, don't use RW media. Use +R or -R media. You can write sessions to them, too.

You have just encountered a minor problem with packet writing software. Using Creator Classic is safer, and you don't format a disc.

U appreciate your information, but how do I solve it? How dod I make all my discs writavle again? Is there any way?

If you value what is on those discs, copy everything from the discs, then burn them to new discs, using Creator Classic, instead of using Drag to Disc. Also, if you are archiving important data, don't use RW media. Use +R or -R media. You can write sessions to them, too.

You have just encountered a minor problem with packet writing software. Using Creator Classic is safer, and you don't format a disc.

U appreciate your information, but how do I solve it? How dod I make all my discs writavle again? Is there any way?

First, copy all the files off of those discs. Then, you can try to erase the discs. If they won't erase, toss them in the trash, because they have probably outlived their useful life.

Archived