• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

derek.nz

Widescreen Tv

Question

Is there anyway that photoshow5 can set the aspect size when burning a dvd to work on a widescreen 16.9 tv. Yes i can change the tv aspect to 4.3 but then you have 2 black borders down the side, and as you know when you increase to 16.9 the photo becomes squat . When you go to the MAKE tab in photoshow it shows the" DVD and CD Rom" a widescreen tv with 2 boys in it ?

Surely i have got the wrong set up loaded, Thanks for any input

Derek :mellow:

7 answers to this question

Is there anyway that photoshow5 can set the aspect size when burning a dvd to work on a widescreen 16.9 tv. Yes i can change the tv aspect to 4.3 but then you have 2 black borders down the side, and as you know when you increase to 16.9 the photo becomes squat . When you go to the MAKE tab in photoshow it shows the" DVD and CD Rom" a widescreen tv with 2 boys in it ?

Surely i have got the wrong set up loaded, Thanks for any input

Derek :mellow:

PhotoShow 5 creates standard NTSC DVDs. The video will be in the 4:3 aspect ratio (720x480 pixels). Many HD TVs place black bars on the sides of a 4:3 image to avoid distortion.

In general, PhotoShows are designed to be displayed in a 4:3 frame online, in the program and on DVD.

PhotoShow 5 creates standard NTSC DVDs. The video will be in the 4:3 aspect ratio (720x480 pixels). Many HD TVs place black bars on the sides of a 4:3 image to avoid distortion.

In general, PhotoShows are designed to be displayed in a 4:3 frame online, in the program and on DVD.

All well and good, but with HD tvs pretty much a universal standard now, you would think Roxio could do a quick patch and at least give us the option of burning to a 16:9 format so that pictures and videos are not distorted so much, and at least fill the screen of a widescreen tv without black bars. I am not sure you can even still buy 4:3 screens any more, and if you can, you soon wont be able to. Give us 16:9 support Roxio!

Edited by jwylie

All well and good, but with HD tvs pretty much a universal standard now, you would think Roxio could do a quick patch and at least give us the option of burning to a 16:9 format so that pictures and videos are not distorted so much, and at least fill the screen of a widescreen tv without black bars. I am not sure you can even still buy 4:3 screens any more, and if you can, you soon wont be able to. Give us 16:9 support Roxio!

PhotoShow 5 was released in February 2007 when NTSC DVDs were still the standard.

We hope to add this feature in the future.

PhotoShow 5 was released in February 2007 when NTSC DVDs were still the standard.

We hope to add this feature in the future.

Hey, sounds good.

So, will adding 16:9 functionality be an update to PS5 or a brand new version we will have to pay for?

Also, is 'the future' likely to be the near future or just sometime in the future?

Thanks

Hey, sounds good.

So, will adding 16:9 functionality be an update to PS5 or a brand new version we will have to pay for?

Also, is 'the future' likely to be the near future or just sometime in the future?

Thanks

This will be a feature in a new version of PhotoShow. There is no information on when this will be implemented. However, it is in development.

This will be a feature in a new version of PhotoShow. There is no information on when this will be implemented. However, it is in development.

Any news yet ,is Photoshow 6 going to happen ?

Any news yet ,is Photoshow 6 going to happen ?

Roxio PhotoShow is the latest version. It has already launched. You can read more here.

Roxio PhotoShow only creates shows in 4:3 at the moment. There will be widescreen options in the future.