Rick790

PhotoShow support

Question

Digital River is the checkout system for Roxio.

When you first download PhotoShow, it first saves a small pre-loader on your computer. When you begin the installation, it downloads the rest of the program.

It sounds like you may still have a connection issue. There may be some other 3rd party security software that is blocking PhotoShow. If you have completely disabled all known firewall and security software, you may need to contact support for more detailed help.

<G> At $28.35 per call??? No thanks. That is more than I paid for the program.... Refund time.....!

That is the deal with Roxio. They really do have some neat products. EMC 10 is an awesome program. Photoshow 5 is a great Windows based slide show program. However, Roxio products just always seem to be chock full of gliches... :(

7 answers to this question

<G> At $28.35 per call??? No thanks. That is more than I paid for the program.... Refund time.....!

That is the deal with Roxio. They really do have some neat products. EMC 10 is an awesome program. Photoshow 5 is a great Windows based slide show program. However, Roxio products just always seem to be chock full of gliches... :(

I'm sorry that you are having trouble. Phone support is not the only option. You can contact an agent here.

If you like posting to forums, this will feel very similar. In fact, it will offer more detailed support than is appropriate for a forum.

Please note: You will have to create a profile to enter the system. ;)

I thought the charged support is $1.89 per minute and charged by the length of the call not by per incident.

I thought the charged support is $1.89 per minute and charged by the length of the call not by per incident.

They state:

We also provides a premium telephone support option at a rate of $1.89 per minute (US)... Before speaking with a technician, your card will be authorized initially for up to 15 minutes of service in the amount of $28.35. You will only be charged for the time you are speaking with an agent..... Please note that the use of this premium service does not guarantee resolution of the issue.

So, even at $1.89 a minute....Heck, it will cost me $5 just to explain the problem.. <G> But that's Ok..it is what it is.... The program seemed like it would be fun. I will wait until it is available in a retail store on disc.

They state:

We also provides a premium telephone support option at a rate of $1.89 per minute (US)... Before speaking with a technician, your card will be authorized initially for up to 15 minutes of service in the amount of $28.35. You will only be charged for the time you are speaking with an agent..... Please note that the use of this premium service does not guarantee resolution of the issue.

Perhaps you missed the part in red.

So, even at $1.89 a minute....Heck, it will cost me $5 just to explain the problem.. <G> But that's Ok..it is what it is.... The program seemed like it would be fun. I will wait until it is available in a retail store on disc.

Don't think it matters if it's available in retail store. You can still buy it on a disc right now. However, the installation requires additional files online like when you install IE7 or Acrobat Reader. Maybe you can try it on a different connection or on a different computer if possible. Or get a refund and try other programs.

Perhaps you missed the part in red.

Don't think it matters if it's available in retail store. You can still buy it on a disc right now. However, the installation requires additional files online like when you install IE7 or Acrobat Reader. Maybe you can try it on a different connection or on a different computer if possible. Or get a refund and try other programs.

I have created a separate topic for support.

I would like to stress that phone support is not the only option. You can create a ticket at: selfserve.roxio.com

Boy did you hit nail on the head. roxio has good programs, but with all the gliches in the programs I'm not sure they aren't out for the $ rather than making a good product that works. Lets see now you buy the product it work good just long enough for you to get use to using it, then it starts the old cliches. You cant afford other program so you start giving their tech support a bunch of money trying to get the program to work right. Your $39.99 Photos Show or other progams can run about $400.00 before you get it to working correctly. EMC 9 Deluxe I bought some time ago, then I upgraded to EMC 10 because EMC 9 wouldn't work in Vista because it was to unstable. In my small production co. I need the programs to work right every time but, everything I have bought from Roxio has a lot of cliches built in so you will have to upgrade or buy other program. As for ther support its worse than Dell and I didn't think any company good get that bad.

Boy did you hit nail on the head. roxio has good programs, but with all the gliches in the programs I'm not sure they aren't out for the $ rather than making a good product that works. Lets see now you buy the product it work good just long enough for you to get use to using it, then it starts the old cliches. You cant afford other program so you start giving their tech support a bunch of money trying to get the program to work right. Your $39.99 Photos Show or other progams can run about $400.00 before you get it to working correctly. EMC 9 Deluxe I bought some time ago, then I upgraded to EMC 10 because EMC 9 wouldn't work in Vista because it was to unstable. In my small production co. I need the programs to work right every time but, everything I have bought from Roxio has a lot of cliches built in so you will have to upgrade or buy other program. As for ther support its worse than Dell and I didn't think any company good get that bad.

This forum is only for issues concerning PhotoShow 5. You can start a new topic if you have a specific problem with PhotoShow. These forums are intended to help resolve common problems and inspire users to make better Shows.

I would like to reiterate that phone support is not the only option. To create a new case, please register your PhotoShow product at: http://www.roxio.com/REGISTRATION/registration.aspx

Once you have registered, you can submit your question by logging in at:

http://selfserve.roxio.com

Also, I see you are using PhotoShow for your business. Please note that PhotoShows are not for resale. They can only be used as commercials for other products. A user cannot sell a PhotoShow.