• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Message: 80004005 Error While Encoding Movie

marynabors

Question

Hi Guys.

Talk about frustrating. As I eagerly tried to finish a father's day slideshow for a co-worker last Friday, my computer would either shut down completely and reboot itself, giving me an error message that Windows has recovered from a serious problem or the entire computer would freeze up.

Needless to say, the dvd didn't burn and my co-worker was pretty upset. I am still trying to figure out the issue. I had bought the downloadable version of EMC 10 oppossed to the disc, and thought it might be a firewall issue with my company.

Alas, EMC 10 is finally giving me an error code with a number, "80004005" which says "Errorr while encoding movie" and I am wondering if anyone knows what this means? Any help or advise is appreciated!

5 answers to this question

Hi Guys.

Talk about frustrating. As I eagerly tried to finish a father's day slideshow for a co-worker last Friday, my computer would either shut down completely and reboot itself, giving me an error message that Windows has recovered from a serious problem or the entire computer would freeze up.

Needless to say, the dvd didn't burn and my co-worker was pretty upset. I am still trying to figure out the issue. I had bought the downloadable version of EMC 10 oppossed to the disc, and thought it might be a firewall issue with my company.

Alas, EMC 10 is finally giving me an error code with a number, "80004005" which says "Errorr while encoding movie" and I am wondering if anyone knows what this means? Any help or advise is appreciated!

Have you read this thread? It has some ideas / suggestions.

Hi Guys.

Hi marynabors

I had the same type error, and I cured the problem by removing all other types of burning software, plus any other video player software, except Divx.

It seems that easy media creator doesn't like sharing with other similar programs?

Morph

The ONLY thing that Roxio programs have problems with is the packet writing software which can#'t co-exist.

But - EMC 10 doesn't HAVE that (Drag to Disc was dropped after EMC9). I have no problems having it here alonbg with other apps

For the 8004005 error - check for updated graphics drivers and also the latest DirectX (9 if you have XP and 10 if it's Vista). Also, let us know your computer specs - especially RAM, CPU and graphics

The ONLY thing that Roxio programs have problems with is the packet writing software which can#'t co-exist.

But - EMC 10 doesn't HAVE that (Drag to Disc was dropped after EMC9). I have no problems having it here alonbg with other apps

For the 8004005 error - check for updated graphics drivers and also the latest DirectX (9 if you have XP and 10 if it's Vista). Also, let us know your computer specs - especially RAM, CPU and graphics

Hi

As mentioned before I personally found that the program did not like working with other programs of a similar type, Nero, Cyberlink producer. After removing other programs I was able to use video convert without the dreaded 0x80004005 Error appearing. I was able to create an image file & convert directly to a DVD.

For what its worth?

Hi

As mentioned before I personally found that the program did not like working with other programs of a similar type, Nero, Cyberlink producer. After removing other programs I was able to use video convert without the dreaded 0x80004005 Error appearing. I was able to create an image file & convert directly to a DVD.

For what its worth?

Others have never been able to duplicate your 'findings'

Roxio does have some KB suggestions for this specific error: Here

Archived