Help With The Music Disc Creator In Roxio Creator Premiere

wujijunk

Question

Hi,

I need to put a collection of audio files (*.wav on my hard drive) on a DVD. It looks the Roxio Music DVD Disc should be able to do the job for me. Here are the questions I have after experimenting with Roxio software that is already on my PC.

1. Is it possible to put wav files on the DVD without re-encoding?

2. Is it possible to change the menu and graphic. All I saw was several pre-defined template and the possibility to change the background image. I want to customize the menu system in more details, such as placing the menu text in different places etc, but could not find any place that I can specify these.

As I mentioned, I am using DVD Music Assistant in Roxio Creator Premier. I'm fine with purchaing or updating to a different version such as EMC10 if it provides more options for me.

Thank for your help in advance.

WJ

3 answers to this question

Hi,

I need to put a collection of audio files (*.wav on my hard drive) on a DVD. It looks the Roxio Music DVD Disc should be able to do the job for me. Here are the questions I have after experimenting with Roxio software that is already on my PC.

1. Is it possible to put wav files on the DVD without re-encoding?

2. Is it possible to change the menu and graphic. All I saw was several pre-defined template and the possibility to change the background image. I want to customize the menu system in more details, such as placing the menu text in different places etc, but could not find any place that I can specify these.

As I mentioned, I am using DVD Music Assistant in Roxio Creator Premier. I'm fine with purchaing or updating to a different version such as EMC10 if it provides more options for me.

Thank for your help in advance.

WJ

The program must re encode the audio to a format that will play on a DVD player. There are a couple that are possible. pcm uncompressed would be the best: See below:

You can do some things with the full Music Disc Creator but I don't know if it will be enough. I have not used it to create special menus but it appears to be possible to some extent. remember to account for the TV safe zone if you do do any specialized menus.

post-58-1213659954.jpg

post-58-1213660483.jpg

The program must re encode the audio to a format that will play on a DVD player. There are a couple that are possible. pcm uncompressed would be the best: See below:

You can do some things with the full Music Disc Creator but I don't know if it will be enough. I have not used it to create special menus but it appears to be possible to some extent. remember to account for the TV safe zone if you do do any specialized menus.

Thanks for the reply, sknis.

On the encoding part, I'm OK since I saw the PCM option. The problem is that I do not see the same project option as you see. Neither the audio format nor the limited menu editing option is available for my project. Can you share the version you are using? I may have to upgrade mine to get those extra functions. Thank you.

WJ

Thanks for the reply, sknis.

On the encoding part, I'm OK since I saw the PCM option. The problem is that I do not see the same project option as you see. Neither the audio format nor the limited menu editing option is available for my project. Can you share the version you are using? I may have to upgrade mine to get those extra functions. Thank you.

WJ

Sorry, I am using the full version of EMC 10. The real question is do you have the full version of EMC 9; it should be the same. If not, do you have a OEM version of My DVD or similar? That's the freebie that comes on a computer when you buy it.

Perhaps someone with EMC 9 on their computer can confirm that those options are there. My recollection is that they are.

Archived