• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Problems Burning Blu Ray Data Disc W/toast 9 And External Lg Blu Ray Burner (lg Be06)

andrew00

Question

Hey, so I watched this video - http://www.macvideo.tv/dvd-authoring/revie...reviewId=101802 and thought awesome I've just shot over 300gb of footage, I'd love to be able to have a blu ray back up, yay!

So bought the LG BEO6 and got myself Toast 9, currently 9.0.2, and excitedly tried to burn my first blu ray disc.

Alas it doesn't work!

I am able to add files to the blu ray project nice and easily, and the red button is easy to click. However the program then goes to the 'Formatting' stage where it has 4.20 on the clock, but it never changes from this. If I were to interupt the process (i.e. because it's taking too long) it warns me I'm about to make a coaster, so I don't interrupt, but 30 seconds later tells me 'the disc failed to be written'

The strange this is that this is with the supplied LG BD-RE disc, so I tried burning with a Verbatim BD-R disc and that gave a DIFFERENT error, instead of hanging in the formatting window, it said 'Writing' and had 14.11 on the clock. However that then errored with the following message:

'The drive reported and error:

Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR

Sense Code = 0x0C

WRITE ERROR'

Then the same 'disc failed to be written' message.

Edit - I forgot to say, the Verbatim also 'clicks' 4 or 5 times as if it's catching or something - that occurs whilst on it's side and flat on the worktop. Oh and if it s' relevant, the LG disc is 2x, the Verbatim is 4x

Has anyone a clue what all this means as I'm a simpleton who just wants a hard copy of his precious files!

Thanks

Andy

4 answers to this question

Hey, so I watched this video - http://www.macvideo.tv/dvd-authoring/revie...reviewId=101802 and thought awesome I've just shot over 300gb of footage, I'd love to be able to have a blu ray back up, yay!

So bought the LG BEO6 and got myself Toast 9, currently 9.0.2, and excitedly tried to burn my first blu ray disc.

Alas it doesn't work!

I am able to add files to the blu ray project nice and easily, and the red button is easy to click. However the program then goes to the 'Formatting' stage where it has 4.20 on the clock, but it never changes from this. If I were to interupt the process (i.e. because it's taking too long) it warns me I'm about to make a coaster, so I don't interrupt, but 30 seconds later tells me 'the disc failed to be written'

The strange this is that this is with the supplied LG BD-RE disc, so I tried burning with a Verbatim BD-R disc and that gave a DIFFERENT error, instead of hanging in the formatting window, it said 'Writing' and had 14.11 on the clock. However that then errored with the following message:

'The drive reported and error:

Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR

Sense Code = 0x0C

WRITE ERROR'

Then the same 'disc failed to be written' message.

Edit - I forgot to say, the Verbatim also 'clicks' 4 or 5 times as if it's catching or something - that occurs whilst on it's side and flat on the worktop. Oh and if it s' relevant, the LG disc is 2x, the Verbatim is 4x

Has anyone a clue what all this means as I'm a simpleton who just wants a hard copy of his precious files!

Thanks

Andy

Have you tried to burn it directly from Finder as he first shows in the video?

Ok so I've burnt a blu ray data dvd with finder and have also burnt one on the pc with nero. The problem though is that Finder is really clumsy, it doesn't appear to let you add and remove items from it, i.e. when you remove it it moves them to trash, which is just insane and easy to make mistakes with.

Toast is what I want to use, but that's what doesn't seem to work and gives the above errors.

Archived