• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dla Problem, Please Help......

foolforahorse

Question

This is the mesage that comes up autimatically on the Microsoft webpage after the box says there was a serious problem:

This problem was caused by Drive Letter Access (DLA), which was created by Sonic Solutions. And then it referred me to the Sonic website.

I am trying to install a program off of a CD. As soon as a click on the Program's Icon the comupter automatically reboots.

I have windows XP.

Should I uninstall the DLA and use a different software. I know just enough to be dangerous, so really am at a loss.

I did put my old hard drive in this computer. I made the old one the slave and have not had any issues with the computer until now.

I will try one more time and get the exact error message. Thanks for any help.

5 answers to this question

Thanks for the help.

(1) What Sonic software do you have installed already, which might include DLA? [name and version number] Do you use DLA? Do you know what it is? I have Veritas HP DLA version 3.26

(2) Do you have any other CD/DVD writing software installed on that machine? No, I haven't installed anything like that on this computer

(3) What is the program you are trying to install off the CD, which causes the reboot when you try to run it? [name and version number] It's called Arc I don't know the version, it is a mapping program.

(4) Do you write DVDs/CDs on your machine? [Do you need DLA?] No I don't write DVDs or CDs. I use my MAC for things like that.

More info - it is ArcReader 9.2

I am going to download it from the Internet right now.

Also, my E:/ doesn't recognize when there is a disc in it. It keeps saying to insert a disc, when there is already one in it. NOt sure if this is related problem or a hardware problem.

Thank you for reading.

Thanks for the help.

(1) What Sonic software do you have installed already, which might include DLA? [name and version number] Do you use DLA? Do you know what it is? I have Veritas HP DLA version 3.26

(2) Do you have any other CD/DVD writing software installed on that machine? No, I haven't installed anything like that on this computer

(3) What is the program you are trying to install off the CD, which causes the reboot when you try to run it? [name and version number] It's called Arc I don't know the version, it is a mapping program.

(4) Do you write DVDs/CDs on your machine? [Do you need DLA?] No I don't write DVDs or CDs. I use my MAC for things like that.

More info - it is ArcReader 9.2

I am going to download it from the Internet right now.

Also, my E:/ doesn't recognize when there is a disc in it. It keeps saying to insert a disc, when there is already one in it. NOt sure if this is related problem or a hardware problem.

Thank you for reading.

Contact HP it is their software that you have, not Roxio.

FYI

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...p;product=61047

Contact HP it is their software that you have, not Roxio.

FYI

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...p;product=61047

Thanks for the link, I've tried all of that. The drive I use says ROXIO when I insert a disc. All I want to do is get data off of a disc.

Why does a Microsoft website pop up after the unwanted reboot and error message with this on it:

Download updates for Drive Letter Access (DLA)

This problem was caused by Drive Letter Access (DLA), which was created by Sonic Solutions.

Solution

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To learn about the solution to this problem, go online to the Sonic Solutions website:

Sonic Solutions

Get rid of the Veritas DLA, since it's the subject of the conflict, and you don't use it. DLA is used only for writing to optical disc through Drive Letter Access, and is often more trouble than it's worth.

You should be able to uninstall it through the Control Panel Add/Remove programs.

It's hard to give you good advice without more information.

(1) What Sonic software do you have installed already, which might include DLA? [name and version number] Do you use DLA? Do you know what it is?

(2) Do you have any other CD/DVD writing software installed on that machine?

(3) What is the program you are trying to install off the CD, which causes the reboot when you try to run it? [name and version number]

(4) Do you write DVDs/CDs on your machine? [Do you need DLA?]

Regards,

Brendon

Archived