Express Labeler

LORDJINX

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, I'm from Portugal.

I just need your help if anyone have any idea to solve this:

I have a HP D5160, printer with Roxio Express Labeler. (the D5160 that prints directly to printable CDs and DVDs)

I have the printer properly installed on my Vista H.P. and it's working perfectly in all ways, exept, when I come to print on a CD or a DVD, the printer never able to center the image, and always leave like 3 mm at the buginning, and print like 2 mm on the hub !!!

I've done Cartradge Align for like a million times, and always the same result? I've wasted many many CDs for nothing!!

I'm about to distroy this #$^@ printer!!

Then I tried HP support, but as usual, they couldn't help, and they suggested that it may be a problem related with the software.

After surfing the Roxio.com, and couldn't find the Express Labeler???? I managed to get here to ask for help.

Please if anyone can help, I would be greatly thankful.

Best Regards.

Lord Jinx

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, I'm from Portugal.

I just need your help if anyone have any idea to solve this:

I have a HP D5160, printer with Roxio Express Labeler. (the D5160 that prints directly to printable CDs and DVDs)

I have the printer properly installed on my Vista H.P. and it's working perfectly in all ways, exept, when I come to print on a CD or a DVD, the printer never able to center the image, and always leave like 3 mm at the buginning, and print like 2 mm on the hub !!!

I've done Cartradge Align for like a million times, and always the same result? I've wasted many many CDs for nothing!!

I'm about to distroy this #$^@ printer!!

Then I tried HP support, but as usual, they couldn't help, and they suggested that it may be a problem related with the software.

After surfing the Roxio.com, and couldn't find the Express Labeler???? I managed to get here to ask for help.

Please if anyone can help, I would be greatly thankful.

Best Regards.

Lord Jinx

Look in the Tips and Tricks areea of both EMC 9 and EMC 10. You find plenty of help including this.

I also have the HP D5160 printer. The first thing I had to do was go to HP's website and download the Vista H.P. 32 bit driver, as that's my operating system too. Then after trying to print labels with Roxio's Express labeler and found it never worked right as they do not have a setting for the HP printers, just Epson. I too called and talked to HP tech support. They told me to download the Expresss Labeler program that they have on their website (Same program as Roxio's I assumed). Tried that too and still it didn't work correctly. Finally after much searching on the internet, it was suggested to try "Acoustica" labeling program. No more problems now and it has a multitude of options that the other labeling programs do not have. BTW, there are some settings or options that let you have a certain space on the outer edge and also on the inner (hub) sides of the disk if wanted.

Frank...

Hey REDWAGON,

First thank you for the advise.

I installed Acoustica and it actualy have more controalrs, but as I choose the leyout of the HP Full-Faced Printable CD/DVD the results are the same. I have like 2mm white left on the top??

Can you please explain how to setup the printing process?

Thanx in advance.

One more thing: I'm using Acoustica 3.22 and it always tells me that I have a messege to teply, and Vista takes me to a black window where I have to restore my settings, only then the printing process starts?

LORD JINX.

Hey REDWAGON,

I installed Acoustica and it actualy have more controalrs, but as I choose the leyout of the HP Full-Faced Printable CD/DVD the results are the same. I have like 2mm white left on the top??

Thanx in advance.

One more thing: I'm using Acoustica 3.22 and it always tells me that I have a messege to teply, and Vista takes me to a black window where I have to restore my settings, only then the printing process starts?

LORD JINX.

Instructions are here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=39503

That's not for the "Acoustica" program, that's a work around for the Express Labeler program.

In the Acoustica program there is an option to NOT have the 2mm border on the top. Also an option to print clear to the hub.

Frank...

That's not for the "Acoustica" program, that's a work around for the Express Labeler program.

In the Acoustica program there is an option to NOT have the 2mm border on the top. Also an option to print clear to the hub.

Frank...

I know what the link lead to, Frank. The OP didn't say whether or not he tried it, and I posted it again, just in case he missed Steve's link. :)

Hey REDWAGON,

Thanx in advance.

LORD JINX.

Sorry Bruce. My mistake. I thought after the OP posted the above, that he was now referring to Acoustica. Either way there is a solution. Just depends on what path the OP wants.

Frank...

Sorry Bruce. My mistake. I thought after the OP posted the above, that he was now referring to Acoustica. Either way there is a solution. Just depends on what path the OP wants.

Frank...

That's what I am saying. He should try what is posted in the link, before trying Acoustica. Hopefully, the Roxio yo yo programmers, will have support for the biggest manufacturer of printers, in the next version.

Well, after trying that work around myself some time ago and finding out it didn't work for me (I probably screwed up somewhere along the line however) and finding out how nice a program Acoustica was, I never looked back at R.E.L. again.

But I would agree that the OP might try the work around. But if he has already downloaded Acoustica and has used it I doubt he will.

Frank...

Well, after trying that work around myself some time ago and finding out it didn't work for me (I probably screwed up somewhere along the line however) and finding out how nice a program Acoustica was, I never looked back at R.E.L. again.

But I would agree that the OP might try the work around. But if he has already downloaded Acoustica and has used it I doubt he will.

Frank...

I don't use any of the lame label makers that Roxio has put out. Whenever I print labels, which is rare now, I still use my old Neato Label Maker. It can print 2 labels, the same or different labels, at the same time. And, on any printer that you have connected to your computer.

Imagine that. It's only an 8 year old program. :)

I don't use any of the lame label makers that Roxio has put out. Whenever I print labels, which is rare now, I still use my old Neato Label Maker. It can print 2 labels, the same or different labels, at the same time. And, on any printer that you have connected to your computer.

Imagine that. It's only an 8 year old program. :)

I suspect Microsoft will have taken care of that in Vista :huh:

Lynn

Friends,

Thanx for the great attention.

I'm sorry that it took me some time to get back here. Too much work !!

Anyway, and to clear things, I tried all the "arround" ways in Roxio, and always got the same results. Now as in Acoustica, the results, till now, are amaizing. The only two problems I'm having are:

First, I got the 3.22 Version, which supposed to be the latest, but still everytime I send a print comand, I recieve a messege that I have to open in Vista Background to apply actual settings and return, only then the printing process starts!!

Second, the printing is getting centered but it's skipping a 1mm to 2mm from the out side circle, which is left white. For me, this is not a problem, but if there is a way to over come this space so that the printing would cober all the white area of the Printable CD/DVD, that would be super.

Anyway, I can deal with the above problems, as long as I have a centerd printings.

Thank you all for the great support.

Lord Jinx.

Archived