• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
WTL

Setting Toast As Default Player

Question

I have OSX 10.4.11 and Toast 7.1.3. I used to be able to have it as my default player - it's been awhile since I did this, but probably it was in Preferences. Maybe since I updated to 7.1.3 that function has disappeared, and now iTunes is making itself the default player, and offers no way to stop it - it just says "iTunes has been made the default player" and all you can do is click OK.

Even the Toast tech support said he couldn't see a default option for Toast. Then he told me to reinstall Toast or the update "after iTunes." That's incomprehensible to me. What does "after iTunes" mean?

I hate iTunes - Apple has a way of deciding what's good for you and preventing you from making changes (like being unable to burn iTunes downloads using anything but iTunes - that's angering because if I buy the music it's mine to do with as I please, and I want to burn them with Toast! - maybe that's another topic, unless someone has figured it out).

Bottom line: how do I set Toast as default player? Thanks very much.

Edited by WTL

2 answers to this question

If you get info on a specific file type, then you can specify which application to open it with. Also, there should be a "change all" button you can click on to associate all similar files with the same application.

If you get info on a specific file type, then you can specify which application to open it with. Also, there should be a "change all" button you can click on to associate all similar files with the same application.

It worked! Terrific! Why didn't I think of that? (don't ask). Thanks very much - one existential annoyance down, an infinite number to go...but it's a start. :D