• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

JAC99

Mydvd Menu Customization (or Rather Not!)

Question

Having struggled with this problem for the past couple of days without success, I hope that someone with more knowledge of EMC10 than me can point me in the right direction.

I have edited several videos in Videowave and now wish to burn them to DVD. Two videos per disc for quality.

I want to set up a Customised Menu Template with a Title at the top followed by two episode titles linked to the videos.

I have written the Title with suitable Font parameters and also the two episode titles also with Font parameters. I have saved this new Custom Menu Style with a unique name.

However, when I come to set up the DVD Project and change to my new Menu Style, the Title vanishes (although displaying in the preview screen) and reverts back to "My Menu" and the episode titles vanish completely.

Any thoughts in resolving this problem would be appreciated as I have a large number of discs to burn and don't want to edit each Menu from scratch!

TIA

John

5 answers to this question

Not sure about the text reverting back to 'My Menu'. Don't think it should do that. However the episode titles won't be there until you ADD a new video to the current project.

I would set it up, the way you want it and save it as a Project, dmsd file.

Next time, load the Project, edit the Title and replace the clips.

I have not played with Custom Styles but perhaps some others here have. – I can see it not saving any clips thus their 'buttons' would go away. But I would expect it to save the Title or any other text fields you add…

Having struggled with this problem for the past couple of days without success, I hope that someone with more knowledge of EMC10 than me can point me in the right direction.

I have edited several videos in Videowave and now wish to burn them to DVD. Two videos per disc for quality.

I want to set up a Customised Menu Template with a Title at the top followed by two episode titles linked to the videos.

I have written the Title with suitable Font parameters and also the two episode titles also with Font parameters. I have saved this new Custom Menu Style with a unique name.

However, when I come to set up the DVD Project and change to my new Menu Style, the Title vanishes (although displaying in the preview screen) and reverts back to "My Menu" and the episode titles vanish completely.

Any thoughts in resolving this problem would be appreciated as I have a large number of discs to burn and don't want to edit each Menu from scratch!

TIA

John

Is it possible that you are looking at a second My Menu page? Look above the preview at the drop down just below the "W" in the word preview and see if you have more than one menu page listed.

You obviously see your menu style in the menu list. Right click on it and put a check mark next to the options to make this the default menu style. Now whenever you open MyDVD, that menu style will be the one that opens. No need to change to that style unless you want to use something else.

Is it possible that you are looking at a second My Menu page? Look above the preview at the drop down just below the "W" in the word preview and see if you have more than one menu page listed.

You obviously see your menu style in the menu list. Right click on it and put a check mark next to the options to make this the default menu style. Now whenever you open MyDVD, that menu style will be the one that opens. No need to change to that style unless you want to use something else.

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for your ideas.

Using information from all three of you I have managed to resolve the problem.

John