• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Windows Vista: How Do I Restore Emc 9.0 Backup Mypc Dvds W/o Backup Mypc In Emc 9.1?

counter55

Question

I purchased EMC 9.0 in March 2007 because I was told by Roxio sales that it was Vista compatible -- I am utilizing Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium (32-bit) edition. I've been utilizing Backup MyPC for data backups for the last 15 months and recently suffered a Hard Disk Crash -- no problem, I have spanning DVD backups right?.

Problem: I just attempted a restore using EMC 9.0 Backup MyPC and it doesn't work -- tried it 2 times -- it aborts 1 hour into the restore (which means I only got a partial restore -- i.e. 4 of 10 DVDs restored). This totally corrupted my system since it was only a partial restore. I had to use Windows Restore from a prior system point to recover.

Searching the Roxio Support web page, I see an EMC 9.1 'Vista Certified' release was issued last September 2007, but the notes say that Backup MyPC has been removed.

So my dilemma -- how do I restored EMC 9.0 Backup MyPC from 10 DVDs without the Backup MyPC application being available in EMC 9.1? Any suggestions? I'm really in a pickle here because 7 years worth of personal files are on the line. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

3 answers to this question

Only once did I have that happen and after some searching around I found a program "RescuePro Deluxe". That program retrieved information from several of my DVD's and also from my hard drive that had gone south. It can also retrieve lost data from a digital camera memory chip as well. Just a suggestion.

Frank...

I purchased EMC 9.0 in March 2007 because I was told by Roxio sales that it was Vista compatible -- I am utilizing Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium (32-bit) edition. I've been utilizing Backup MyPC for data backups for the last 15 months and recently suffered a Hard Disk Crash -- no problem, I have spanning DVD backups right?.

Problem: I just attempted a restore using EMC 9.0 Backup MyPC and it doesn't work -- tried it 2 times -- it aborts 1 hour into the restore (which means I only got a partial restore -- i.e. 4 of 10 DVDs restored). This totally corrupted my system since it was only a partial restore. I had to use Windows Restore from a prior system point to recover.

Searching the Roxio Support web page, I see an EMC 9.1 'Vista Certified' release was issued last September 2007, but the notes say that Backup MyPC has been removed.

So my dilemma -- how do I restored EMC 9.0 Backup MyPC from 10 DVDs without the Backup MyPC application being available in EMC 9.1? Any suggestions? I'm really in a pickle here because 7 years worth of personal files are on the line. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You aren't going to be able to recover it, using BUMP, because BUMP isn't Vista compatible. That's why Roxio dumped it.

a bit of a long shot but try this:

go here and download MS Virtual PC 2007 (free app) and install it

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads...pc/default.mspx

Run that and install the OS of your choice as the guest system, load in BUMP and try to retrieve the files. Store them elsewhere and then use them to recreate the DVDs

Archived