Copy Image File On Multiple Discs

hectoe

Question

Please help....

Shouldn't toast automatically tell me that I need to insert more then one discs if my new project doesn't fit on one cdr?

I am trying to copy an iso file however, it is larger then one cdr will allow and instead of starting the record I get an error message that says the image will not fit one one cd. However, I can't find how to either split the iso file or somewhere in toast to allow multiple discs for this copying.

Thank you~!

3 answers to this question

Oh, sure. So, just go to the utilities folder in Toast and choose "Mount Disc Image". Then after the image is mounted select whichever data format you want in Toast and drag and drop in the data from the mounted image file (mounted images apear similar to hard drives in the finder) into the data layout and burn your disc(s).

An image file is supposed to be copied bit for bit onto the CD, think of it as a picture of the final disc. Continuing the picture analogy, you don't want Toast to take this picture and tear the top off of it and put it on the next page of your album.

Basically if you want, you can mount the image file and then manually burn a set of discs from the data contained in the mounted volume.

Archived