• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Is Photosuite 8 Compatible With Vista?

sj022698

System requirements don't say so but wanted to see if anyone is running it on Vista home...If so, is there additional work involved such as patches, etc...

Also, I was using MGI photosuite for just basic stuff and I know MGI no longer exists but I really liked the simple layout. Is the photosuite at all similar? I also use photoshop elements but I don't like it all that much...Too complicated for what I do most of the time.

• 2 months later...
System requirements don't say so but wanted to see if anyone is running it on Vista home...If so, is there additional work involved such as patches, etc...

Also, I was using MGI photosuite for just basic stuff and I know MGI no longer exists but I really liked the simple layout. Is the photosuite at all similar? I also use photoshop elements but I don't like it all that much...Too complicated for what I do most of the time.

I really loved PhotoSuite 4 & 5. It ran on my Vista Machine after I updated but did not recognize the content files. Unfortunately, I tried to re-install by uninstalling and using my discs to re-install. Vista refused to install it. After much agony, I went to the Roxio site and purchased PhotoSuite 8. It is now installed under Vista and runs but has lots of hang-ups and cannot handle large files. The interface has been redesigned and is not nearly as good as PS5. I recently brought up an old machine under XP and tried to reinstall PS5 on it but unfortunately I have lost my CD Key - no wonder because the software is 5 years old. I found my order number but Roxio cannot find its records. So I guess I screwed on going back to the familar and much loved PS5.

My next move is to install PS8 under XP and see if that works any better. Does anyone know if the old templates that were available under PS5 can be converted to work under PS8? The templates (I think they call them Project files) under PS8 are very limited.

Looking for help!

Archived