• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Mydvd10premier

hhodge

Question

I have tried 15 to 20 times now to install the my dvd 10 now and am ready to throw it out the window!! :angry2: I will explain:

Everytime I try to install it it goes almost all the way to the end an then a box pops up and it says "you must install Rioxio Easy media creator 10 beofre installing the content" I only have one disk, so I don't understand. I have been reading other posts and have tried the windows install clean up, regseeker, looked through hidden files to make sure there was no roxio or sonic files at all, which I knew there wouldn't be because I have neevr used Roxio or sonic before ever, and even tried windows installer 3.1 update. I even went to the start, run msconfig, and shut down everything and tried to install it, and even set up Roxio as the new administrator on the computer, and still nothing, I sent an email to tech support and nothing, they haven't sent anything back, I am completely lost here.

I am running on windows Xp, I am completely updated, so it can't be that, so does anyone have any suggestions? I could really use some help here, I bought it because it was supposed to be so good and compatible!! <_<

7 answers to this question

I would start with the clean install http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

If you still have problems after that, let us know.

I have already tried the clean install several times and the reg seeker, looked through hidden files to make sure there was no roxio or sonic files at all,windows installer 3.1, msconfig, and set up Roxio as the new administrator on the computer, and still nothing. <_<

I'm completely lost and confused.

Did you check for Roxio and Sonic folders here?

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data

This is a hidden folder and it's easy to miss

I checked that and did find a couple folders that said sonic, I thought I had deleted everything because I had ran the clean install and regseeker, could that have been what was causing it to say that? I am afraid to try to install it again, because it kept saying, " you must install roxio easy media creator 10 before installing the content" and I only have the one disk. Ijust don't understand I am not a computer wiz at atll and am comfused at what to do to fix it.

Archived