Blue Screen Of Death

john_millar

Question

WIndows XP completely up to date, been running creator 6 and more recently Creator 9 DE without major issues. Bought EMC Suite 10 and it kills everything stone dead with the BSOD. Updated absolutely everything - even the firmware in my DVD burner. MAkes no odds. Clean install EMC10 and BSOD as soon as I try to run MyDVD or one of the other apps.

Problem appears to be lcoated in vaclcskd.sys.

I have one of these VIIV machines - possibly a problem with that?

Suggestions appreciated, but it looks as if I will have to go to Nero.

5 answers to this question

John,

I don't have that vaclcskd.sys file in my EMC 10, in either XP or in Vista. Where does it come from?

This is all I could find on it

VACLCSKD.SYS information and startup locations can be examined on this page: verify all your files to make sure that they are legitimate, digitally signed and from the company Eugene V. Muzychenko to which they should belong.

vaclcskd.sys application error and file info

Kernel-mode WDM driver - Breakaway Pipeline - Eugene V. Muzychenko

WIndows XP completely up to date, been running creator 6 and more recently Creator 9 DE without major issues. Bought EMC Suite 10 and it kills everything stone dead with the BSOD. Updated absolutely everything - even the firmware in my DVD burner. MAkes no odds. Clean install EMC10 and BSOD as soon as I try to run MyDVD or one of the other apps.

Problem appears to be lcoated in vaclcskd.sys.

I have one of these VIIV machines - possibly a problem with that?

Suggestions appreciated, but it looks as if I will have to go to Nero.

Doing a google, it looks to be a Windows/hardware problem. What is a VIIV machine?

What did you have running when you installed the software? Any antivirus software running when you installed?

Not sure how it could be a Windows/Hardware problem Bruce, if "Problem appears to be lcoated in vaclcskd.sys"

I'd be looking hard at whether the poster has installed one of Muzychenko's programs such as 'Virtual Audio Cable'. Yahoo has flagged his site as having 'Dangerous Downloads'.

Doing a google, it looks to be a Windows/hardware problem. What is a VIIV machine?

What did you have running when you installed the software? Any antivirus software running when you installed?

I meant Windows driver. That is what it said at one site I browsed.

Archived